- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Purpose of the role:
- This position is responsible for assisting in the establishing of preventative and responsive Civil maintenance and development within the Processing plant; to learn how operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost effective manner, while being trained on how to achieve compliance with relevant procedures, polices, legal requirements and consent conditions.
- Inspect Civil repairs works, maintenance and drainage systems to ensure that work is being performed according to specifications.
- Prepare and/or review plans, specifications and cost estimates for Civil on-site work.
- Review and approve where required, construction and service contract payment estimates and invoices.
- Assist and learn regarding; the installation of new Civil foundations, replacement/removal of old, faulty or redundant Civil foundations as per the Company and vendor’s safety and quality specifications.
- Prepare progress and completion reports as required for work done.
- Assist in supervising and monitoring the site Civil team and subcontractors.
- Inspect plans, drawings and quantities for verification of calculations accuracies.
- Liaise with consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce regarding work to be done.
- Assist and learn regarding; the completion of how safety logbooks are completed, checked and signed according to the procedure
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Qualification, Experience & Skill:
- G12 Certificate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- No experience required.
- Computer literate in the commonly used Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Power-point, MS-Projects)
- Ability to read Civil drawings.
- Understanding of design and as-built drawings of Civil infrastructure.
- Ability to apply the knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Engineering.
- Ability to explain design ideas and plans clearly.
- Ability to analyse large amounts of data and assess solutions.
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve Civil problems.
- Ability to use techniques, skills, and modern Engineering tools necessary for Engineering practice.
- Registered member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ).
- Ability to register as a member of the Engineering Registration Board of Zambia.
- Valid Zambian driving license.
- Must possess problem-solving skills.
- Must possess excellent organization and managerial skills and a methodical approach to work.
- Must possess the ability to think methodically and to manage projects.
- Must poses the ability to work to deadlines and within budgets.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to develop supervisory and leadership skills.
- Must be able to work without supervision.
- Must possess a confident decision-making ability.
- Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise your workload.
- Motivated to learn and deliver innovation at a technical level.
Closing Date : 15th July, 2021.