- Company: Eastern Water and Sanitation Company Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Chipata
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Eastern Water and Sanitation Company Limited (EWSC) is a Commercial Water Utility Company mandated to provide water and sanitation services to residents in all the districts of Eastern Province including Chama district in Muchinga Province.
EWSC now seeks to recruit a dynamic, enthusiastic and suitably qualified individual to fill the vacancy of Internal Auditor (x1) to be based at its Head Office in Chipata City.
Position Title: Internal Auditor
The purpose of this job is to manage and coordinate the Internal Audit Function to ensure that all operations, processes and transactions of the EWSC conform to acceptable international standards and principles, financial regulations and are within established policies/procedures and laws/regulations and communicate results of internal audit work to the Board and Management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulates and implements a comprehensive annual audit plan, which is approved by the Board, relevant and focused on the areas of key and significant risk to the Company.
- Independently and objectively evaluates the Company’s systems and practices of internal controls, risk management and governance by measuring and evaluating their effectiveness in achieving the agreed organizational objectives, and advises the Board and Management.
- Reviews and evaluates the adequacy, reliability and integrity of accounting, billing and other operational systems to determine the degree to which they comply with established Company policies and ascertain their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Inspects accounting systems to determine their efficiency and effectiveness, conducts cash spot checks and inspects collections at/from pay points in all operating districts.
- Plans and performs all types of audits including, but not limited to, financial, operational, compliance, value-for-money and performance audits as approved by the Board.
- Reviews records and systems pertaining to material assets such as equipment, buildings and labor to determine degree of utilization, safeguarding and maintenance.
- Conducts special audits for management aimed at detecting any irregularities and thereafter develops and suggests controls for their prevention.
- Coordinates with external auditors and ensures that each party is briefed on areas of concern.
- Prepares ad hoc, monthly, quarterly and annual audit reports and submits them to the Audit Committee of the Board
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Board & the Managing Director from time to time
- Grade 12 School Certificate with university entrance passes
- Degree in Auditing/Accountancy/Finance or Professional Accounting Qualification (e.g. ZICA/CA, ACCA, CIMA) or Certified Internal Auditor qualification.
- Experience – Minimum of five (5) years working experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications (MS-Word, MS-Excel, etc.) is a MUST
- Computer literacy – Qualification in any IT field will be an added advantage
- Member of a Professional Body such as the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA), the Institute of Internal Auditors, etc.
- Valid Driver’s Licence
Only those candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application letters, Curriculum Vitae (CVs) and day-time telephone numbers to: –
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
PO Box 510464, Parerenyatwa Road
Applications can also be submitted by email to: email@example.com
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Applications should reach EWSC Office not later than 23rd July, 2021