- Company: Statutory Body
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
A Statutory Body is inviting applications from suitably qualified, dynamic, self-motivated, and experienced persons to fill the position of Accounts Assistant to be based at its Kasama Regional Office.
ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT X 1
To assist in the provision of timely and accurate financial information. The successful candidate will report to the Assistant Accountant and will be responsible for:
- Timely preparation of bank reconciliation statements;
- Timely processing of payments;
- Timely receipting and banking of Government revenue;
- Efficient management of fuel for the office pool vehicle;
- Timely retirement of, and request for operational funds;
- Systematic filling of all accounting documents; and,
- Management of Fixed Assets at the regional office.
Qualifications and attributes:
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- ZICA Licentiate / ACCA Part 2 / CIMA Part 2.
- Minimum of three (3) years proven relevant experience in a similar role in a reputable organisation.
- Good Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Must be a member of ZICA
- Experience in working with Pastel Accounting package
- Excellent Microsoft excel and word skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Team Player
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
Suitably qualified and interested persons should send their application letters together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three (3) traceable referees and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org , clearly stating the position being applied for in the subject line. The deadline for receiving Applications is Friday 16th July 2021 at 17.00 hours.