- Company: PATH
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kitwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide
PATH is leading a vibrant consortium of Zambian and international organizations that collaborate closely with Zambia’s MoH, the NTLP, the private sector, and other partners to support the eradication of TB in Zambia. Funded by USAID and focusing on six (Copperbelt, Central, Muchinga, Northern, North-Western and Luapula) of Zambia’s 10 provinces, the five-year Eradicate TB contract aims to increase the number of individuals screened for TB by 50% and increase the TB treatment success rate to 85% in targeted provinces. The four key tasks of Eradicate TB are to:
- Pursue high-quality DOTS expansion and enhancement
- Address TB-HIV, MDR-TB, and the needs of poor and vulnerable populations in six provinces
- Engage all categories of care providers
- Enable and promote research.
PATH seeks to recruit experienced and qualified Driver/Logistics Assistant to be based in Kabwe and Kitwe respectively.
- Serve as a member for PATH’s TB and TB/HIV programs in Zambia under the supervision of the PATH TB/HIV Planning and Logistics Officer.
- Provide driving project and partners’ staff on both local and field trips.
- Assist in some administrative functions such as photocopying and other related duties.
- Driving PATH’s vehicle(s) as may be assigned by the Planning and
- Officer or his designated personnel.
- Maintaining mechanical and general cleanliness of vehicle. This will include carrying out minor general service and minor repairs.
- Ensures timely performance of major or minor service according to schedule
- Daily vehicle check-up according to standard daily check list
- Regular recording of log book
- Assistant in the disbursement of allowances during field activities.
- Perform any other duties related to the above as assigned by Supervisor
- Possession of minimum of Grade 12 School Certificate of education.
- At least 4 years driving experience, knowledge in defensive driving is a plus.
- Holder of a valid Class C1 Driver’s license is a must.
- Sound knowledge of Zambia Road Traffic Rules and Highway Code is a must.
- Ability to communicate in English is essential.
- Membership to the Logistics Institute.
Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
PATH.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=305085&company_id=15780&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=1013258&startflag=1″ target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th July, 2021.