- Company: Airtel Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Zambia
DEPARTMENT : Legal and Regulatory Affairs
VACANCY : Legal Manager
JOB LEVEL : Manager
LOCATION : Lusaka, HQ
The Legal Manager for Airtel Zambia is responsible for providing legal advice in a commercial setting covering all corporate / commercial activities including negotiating and drafting commercial contracts.
The post holder will provide In-house litigation, manage the relationship with external counsel, receive monthly reports and ensure high service delivery from such counsel. Additionally, they will be responsible for providing Airtel and its staff with accurate, timely and effective litigation services.
REPORTING TO THE HEAD LEGAL/COMPANY SECRETARY – THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL;
- Familiarize self with provisions of the Company DOA and relevant policies on Contract Documentation
- Check and ensure that instructions to prepare contracts are well documented by User Groups and approved in line with the provisions of Company DOA
- Ensure that the set timelines and standards are adhered to
- Source proper form of documentation for each type of transaction
- Ensure that drafted document covers all issues and adequately protects the Company’s interests
- Manage and update active litigation register
- Devise litigation strategy for all matters
- Obtain and analyse monthly status reports from external counsel for all active litigation
- Promptly respond to all demand/complaints to avoid progression to litigation
- Conduct annual assessment for all external counsel handling matters on behalf of the company
- Assist Head Legal/Company Secretary in Monitoring All Corporate Statutory Requirements/Listing Obligations
- Assist with Preparation of Board Documents/Resolutions/Minutes
- Assist with Coordination of Board Meetings/AGMs
- Perform registration/renewal of all Intellectual Property
- Maintain and update active Intellectual Property registration
- Investigate any breach/alleged breach of company Intellectual Property
- Serve as focal point for all legal corporate advisory services on various legal issues of the Company
- Render timely comprehensive legal opinions when required
- Offer advisory notes on legislation (existing and proposed) affecting the business’s operations
- Ensure that all submissions to the PACRA are made on a timely basis.
- Develop and maintain PACRA tracker and checklist to ensure the company remains compliant with all PACRA filing requirements.
- Support the contract management process for all new contracts, renewals and termination and ensure contracts database is updated on a regular basis.
- Obtain signoff for all contract checklists from functional departments on a quarterly basis.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB);
- Admitted to the Zambian Bar
- 3-5 years’ experience in handling contractual /commercial-related legal matters.
- Candidate must have up-to-date knowledge of commercial law, including, but not limited to:
- Legal drafting;
- General contract law;
- Corporate and Commercial law;
- Telecommunications industry structure and business models; and
- Employment law and practice
- Intellectual Property law
PERSONAL BEHAVIOUR REQUIRED IN THE POST
- Ability to make quick & interpersonal decisions
- Ability to manage effectively
- Must possess sound knowledge of commercial & business issues
- Must be a team player
Suitable candidates requested to apply by sending through their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday, 14th July, 2021.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Airtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is non-discriminatory on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnic grouping nor health status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.