- Company: Zambia Gold Company Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Zambia
Zambia Gold Company Limited (Zambia Gold) was incorporated on 10 January 2020. Zambia Gold (the ‘Company’) is co-owned by ZCCM Investments Holdings Plc with a 51% stake and the Ministry of Finance owning the remaining 49% stake. Zambia Gold is mandated to lead the development of the gold sector in Zambia by undertaking commercial activities for the benefit of all stakeholders. In order to achieve this objective, Zambia Gold Company will broadly undertake the following activities:
- Acquire exploration licenses and carry out mineral exploration with a focus on gold (either directly or in partnership with other entities)
- Develop and operate mines for gold and other precious minerals
- Refining, grading, producing, cutting and processing of gold and other precious minerals
- Buying and selling of gold and other minerals
- Support artisanal mining operations and transforming these into commercially viable activities
- Pursue value addition opportunities in the precious metals sector
In order to achieve this mission, the Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who are innovative, energetic and performance-driven to fill the following position:Assistant Security Officer-General Duties X 12
Department: Human Resources
Report to: Security Officer-General Duties
To provide and deliver efficient and quality security by protecting company property, employees, visitors and contractor employees.
- Coordinate preliminary investigations of all crimes, or any losses incurred by the Company, Staff and Clients.
- Provide physical means of protecting staff and property and should be very alert for proper guarding against thefts, pilferage, accidents and intruders.
- Maintain all the key register properly and shall secure the keys properly in a designated safe place.
- Maintains and updates all the documentations on a daily basis
- Conduct internal patrols during the tenure of duty.
- Allocate duties to hired security Guards and ensuring that the guards are aware of their post and site instructions
- Ensures that the search of baggage of employees, visitors and motor vehicles is carried out effectively.
- Maintain the visitors register properly.
- Maintain all security devices and products in good condition
- Prepare and submit daily security reports
Qualifications and experience
1. Professional Qualifications
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Certificate in Security (Police or Military) or its equivalent
- Relevant tertiary qualification will be an added advantage.
- Professional membership
2. Minimum Relevant Pre-Job Experience:
- 6 years’ experience in a similar position.
3. Skill Specifications:
- Verbal and written Communication skills
- Computer skills
- Critical thinking skills
Other Attributes (Personality Traits)
- Honesty and integrity
- Sober character
- Physical stamina
- Appreciation of the Zambian Laws
Zambia Gold Company Limited provides equal employment opportunities to all Zambians on merit without discrimination on the basis of age, gender, colour, tribe, disability, or religion.
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced persons should send their application together with certified copies of Academic and Professional certificates; a detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable references and copy of the NRC should reach the undersigned not later than Friday, 23rd July, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Head Human Resources and Administration
Kudu Road, Kabulonga