- Company: SolarAid Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Location: SolarAid Zambia Office, Lusaka with extensive fieldwork across Zambia
Line Manager: Business Support Coordinator/Ops Director
This is a unique opportunity to work with an innovative, ambitious organisation which plans to sell solar lights at scale across Zambia, bringing electricity to rural households and reducing reliance on candles and fuels such as kerosene.
SunnyMoney is a social enterprise, wholly owned by SolarAid, an innovative, fast-growing organisation working in Malawi and Zambia which focuses on business based solutions to poverty. Our goal is to Ensure that no one is left in the Dark by 2030. For all countries this means a substantial scaling up of operations. We believe that our mission is achievable by creating a genuine solar lighting market – ensuring anyone can gain access to clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy. To find out more, go to www.solar-aid.org.
We are looking for an energetic, quick-thinking and enthusiastic field coordinator with the ability to coordinate the implementation of the SunnyMoney Schools Campaign. The successful applicant will be interested in learning about solar energy and SunnyMoney operations. They will be creative, adaptive and able to work well as part of a team.
Skills & Qualifications:
- University Degree
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Organised, hardworking and flexible
- Fieldwork experience; willingness to spending extensive periods of time in the field
- Experience in report writing, presentation and managing communications with people from different educational and cultural backgrounds
- Effective time-management and planning
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Excel and Word)
- Passion and enthusiasm for SunnyMoney’s social goal and for the work it does
- · Conversant in at least one local language
- University degree in business, marketing, communications or related field
- Additional Zambian languages also preferred
- Understanding of solar energy and solar products
- Work experience in sales or customer service
- Experience working in rural areas
Sales and Marketing
- Field – Finding agents and shops – and always be on the lookout for new opportunities.
- Agent presentations and trainings as needed
- Supporting shops so that their workers are knowledgeable about our lights
- Liaise with Agent Coordinator to ensure smooth transition of field sales with agents and shops and follow up as needed
- Liaise with Program Coordinator to ensure smooth transition of any current or potential partnerships with existing and new CP and NGO’s, and follow up as needed
- Work with SunnyMoney Schools through the DEBS offices to plan and conduct HTM’s for new campaigns. Ensure effective communication with Zonal heads.
- Plan and deliver presentations on how to use and care for solar lights
- Complete all required paperwork and reports on HTM’s
- Conduct School deliveries and ensure a timely arrival at each Plan and conduct HTMs for each campaign
- Liaise with SunnyMoney Schools Call Centre on orders and delivery times for each campaign
- Accurately record sales of solar lights
- Handle office sales when in the office
- Schedules – school and trade. You are responsible to ensure that any changes have been communicated to all relevant parties
- Stock in the field – Manage all aspects of counts, reconciliation
- All meetings, deliveries and appointment are done on time
- Data input
- Follow up phone calls with customers
- Daily stock counts
- Daily stock forms in the field
- Timely submission of all required paperwork including stock reports, sales figures, faults and data
- Record and handle agent orders and keeping track of orders and payments
- Report writing and compilation of lessons learned during the Schools campaigns
- Perform other related duties as required.
The Field Coordinator’s position will involve extensive field time. Field time will require work over some weekends and holidays. SolarAid operates a TOIL system.
Details: To apply for this position please email you CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply: Please clearly write in your subject that you are applying for the Field Coordinator Position. Your CV should be no more than 3 pages or it will be disqualified. Please submit your CV no more than 1 time by 19 July 2021.