- Company: HOPE worldwide Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
HOPE worldwide Zambia (HwwZ) is a Christian Charitable Organization that has been supporting vulnerable children and empowering women in the poorest areas of Lusaka for 21 years. Our programs have reached over 2000 children and over 600 Caregivers. We have 17 full-time staff working at five locations around Lusaka. Our Head Offices are in Woodlands. Our programs for children help to build social awareness, physical wellbeing and emotional strength through providing comprehensive Early Childhood Development programs and HIV Education. HOPE worldwide Zambia also runs donor-funded projects around Sexual and Gender-Based Violence (SGBV) and Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) which is funded by CHAZ through the Global Fund.
We have an opening for a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Lead, to join our HOPE worldwide Zambia team on the CHAZ Global Fund project. The ideal M&E Officer candidate will develop, review and implement a robust Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning framework and tools to facilitate measurement of progress; enhance compliance of programs and projects within HOPE worldwide Zambia Network standards. This project will be implemented in Southern Province in the districts of Monze, Choma and Namwala. The individual will be based at the HOPE worldwide Zambia offices in Lusaka.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Develop program assessment protocols for evaluation and improvement.
- Periodically review and revise the system so that it is adapted appropriately to changing operating contexts.
- Ensure relevant and timely program information is provided in user-friendly formats to key stakeholders, including beneficiary communities, management and donors.
- Act as a focal M&E
- Design research and evaluation efforts to assess the impact of HwwZ programs
- Improve data systems – collection, storage, use – to increase effectiveness and scalability of M&E systems
- Writing of M& E reports to the relevant teams.
- Ensuring the delivery of new M&E services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and in accordance with the program plan and program governance arrangements.
- Assist in communication with all stakeholders on the program
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the program are identified or issues arise.
- Use data to make programmatic recommendations to HwwZ senior leadership.
- Collaborate with the management team to set program milestones and Key Performance Indicators.
- Oversee impact narrative for external communications including donors, government, and partners.
- Build staff capacity through training and technical assistance for accurate data collection and reporting.
- Managing risks and issues arising, managing risks to the program’s successful outcome
- Resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
It is essential that the job holder shows a good understanding of the operations of the business of HOPE worldwide Zambia and principles, commitment to its vision and mission as well as HOPE worldwide Zambia values. Be culturally sensitive
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (preferably in Social Science, or Statistics)
- 3 years of professional experience in the field of Monitoring and Evaluation
- Knowledge of major quantitative & qualitative monitoring methodologies and proven ability to design monitoring instrumentation tools
- Experience in the design and implementation of capacity building activities in M&E
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel and/ or Statistical Software (SPSS, STATA)
- Advanced skills in data analysis presentation and report writing – Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- Fluent in English and any Zambian local language.
- Demonstrates the flexibility and energy that is required for a high level of self management and awareness
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date : 16th July, 2021.