- Company: Media 365 Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Location: Lusaka, with occasional travel as required
Contract type: Two Year Fixed-term
Mid-senior level (depending on experience)
Media 365: Ideas that Inform, Educate and Inspire
Who are we?
Media 365 is a 100% female owned, award-winning creative consultancy agency. Based in Lusaka, Zambia, we work with local and global clients in the public, private and non-profit sectors since 2008. We design and implement projects and campaigns using a design process that creates impact.
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Office Manager who is comfortable multitasking, experienced in handing a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little to no supervision. A successful office manager will be comfortable with a variety of office software (GSuite, spreadsheets etc), be well organised, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
What will you do?
The Office Manager is at the heart of our organisation. The role of the Office Manager is to organise and coordinate administration duties and office procedures that facilitate the smooth running of the office, organising people, information, and other resources.
This role is extremely important in creating and maintaining a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organisational effectiveness, communication, and safety. The Office Manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, ensuring relevant records are up to date, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, ensuring office premises are maintained and the work environment complies with health and safety standards, ensuring office equipment and appliances are maintained to the appropriate quality and quantity, human resource management office support staff supervision and task delegation.
The Office Manager, will also (when required) schedule meetings and appointments, greet visitors, perform project management, event management and financial functions such as budgeting, debt management, financial planning and reporting, cash management, payroll and statutory compliance and remittance.
Organisational environment and office culture
The Office Manager works across office management, human resource management, project management and some level of financial management, and other administrative functions as assigned.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. The majority of the work is office and computer based. Occasionally out of the office trips will be required.
Media 365 is an expanding/dynamic organisation. It has a competitive environment, with multi-skilled people thus encouraging personal development.
What do you need to demonstrate?
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration or a related field, or the equivalent in work experience.
- At least 2 years previous experience in office management or administration
- Knowledge of data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Knowledge of supply management and inventory control
- Knowledge of other personnel statutory requirements in Zambia (e.g. NAPSA, Workers Compensation, Immigration)
- Knowledge of business requirements in Zambia (permits etc.)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel) & Internet Knowledge
- High proficiency in Google packages (G-Suite)
- Good verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail and problem- solving skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Good reporting skills
- Ability to develop standards and efficient processes
- Previous experience managing multiple office sites in a fast- paced industry (e.g. creative, events)
- Knowledge of basic accounting
- Knowledge of tax requirements in Zambia
- Certification in Human Resources
- Certification in Project Management
- Possession of a valid driver’s licence
- Articulate, motivated and ambitious about our and our client’s goals
- Highly organized and able to multi-task whilst maintaining clear and proactive flow of communication and ownership of tasks;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with diverse colleagues and external audiences;
- Self-starter and highly motivated; capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to work in and manage teams
- High level of initiative and self-discipline required
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Mature and confident
- Strategic and a good planner
- High levels of ethics, professional discretion, honesty and integrity
To apply please complete the application form by using this link demonstrating your suitability for the positon by Friday 16th July, 2021
Please note only applications sent via the application form will be reviewed. CVs and cover letters are not accepted. Interviews will be conducted between 26th July to August 6th. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be notified. For any queries please contact email@example.com. Thank you!