- Company: Chesco-Tech
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
Job purpose To assist the Procurement Specialist in planning and coordinating procurement activities on all projects under the Infrastructure Development Division, ensuring transparency and economy.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual procurement plan in the form specified by the international financing institutions (IFIs) such as the World Bank, the EIB, the AFDB and KfW.
- Assists in the implementation and monitoring of progress of all planned procurement activities.
- Prepares solicitation documents in the format required by the IFIs and advertises invitations for bids.
- Prepares evaluation reports in readiness for submission to Management and the IFIs for clearance.
- Prepares procurement committee papers for submission to the Procurement Committee.
- Drafts and issues contracts, terms and conditions and Schedules, and ensures effective management of contracts.
- Assists in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports for all procurement activities undertaken.
- Ensures that all procurement transactions are well documented and up to date.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing and Supply, Production Management, Economics, Business Administration, Engineering Law; or equivalent.
- Graduate Diploma in Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply.
- A minimum of at least 3 years’ experience managing procurements, preferably for Government and/ or internationally financed projects.
- Must have significant training and practical experience in procurement within the National Public Procurement or internationally financed projects. He or she must have a sound understanding of procurement guidelines and procedures applying to World Bank, Zambia Public Procurement Authority and/ or internationally financed projects.
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply with a valid ZIPS practicing certificate.