- Company: Zambia Gold Company Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
Zambia Gold Company Limited (Zambia Gold) was incorporated on 10 January 2020. Zambia Gold (the ‘Company’) is co-owned by ZCCM Investments Holdings Plc with a 51% stake and the Ministry of Finance owning the remaining 49% stake. Zambia Gold is mandated to lead the development of the gold sector in Zambia by undertaking commercial activities for the benefit of all stakeholders. In order to achieve this objective, Zambia Gold Company will broadly undertake the following activities:
- Acquire exploration licenses and carry out mineral exploration with a focus on gold (either directly or in partnership with other entities)
- Develop and operate mines for gold and other precious minerals
- Refining, grading, producing, cutting and processing of gold and other precious minerals
- Buying and selling of gold and other minerals
- Support artisanal mining operations and transforming these into commercially viable activities
- Pursue value addition opportunities in the precious metals sector
In order to achieve this mission, the Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who are innovative, energetic and performance-driven to fill the following positions:
Safety Officer x1
Report to: Project Manager
To undertake work place activities to ensure that workers comply with company policies, procedures and government safety regulations and maintenance of Health and Safety Management System (HSES) records in order to facilitate decision making
- Developing and implementing safety policies to reduce accident-related cost and prevent losses due to a decline in productivity
- Conduct safety inspections.
- Conduct safety training, coaching/induction.
- Conduct risk assessments.
- Conduct monthly safety meetings.
- Prepare Safety Topics (Daily, weekly and monthly).
- Investigate incident/accident/RCAT.
- Ensuring compliance with the Occupational Safety & Heath Administration, commonly known as OSHAs and other relevant regulations
- Supervise sub-contractors in issues pertaining to HSES
- Compile weekly , monthly, quarterly and annual civil engineering status reports
Qualifications and experience
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems or its equivalent
- Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Professional membership
Minimum Relevant Pre-Job Experience:
- More than 5 years’ experience in both mining or construction industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills
- Problem solving skills
- Supervisory and leadership skill
Other Attributes (Personality Traits)
- Deep appreciation of mining regulations
Valid Driver’ s license
Zambia Gold Company Limited provides equal employment opportunities to all Zambians on merit without discrimination on the basis of age, gender, colour, tribe, disability, or religion.
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced persons should send their application together with certified copies of Academic and Professional certificates; a detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable references and copy of the NRC should reach the undersigned not later than Friday, 23rd July, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Head Human Resources and Administration
Kudu Road, Kabulonga