- Company: Media 365 Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Part-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Zambia
Location: Lusaka, with occasional travel as required
Contract type: Part Time (14 days a month)
Media 365: Ideas that Inform, Educate and Inspire
Who are we?
Media 365 is a 100% female owned, award-winning consultancy agency. Based in Lusaka, Zambia, we work with local and global clients in the public, private and non-profit sectors since 2008. We design and implement projects and campaigns using a design process that creates impact.
We are seeking a creative and meticulous Editor who is passionate about teenage girls and are interested in developing compelling content for them.
The Magazine Editor is responsible for shaping the SKY Girls Zed publication with a superb command in English and ensuring content is distinguished to the target audience.
What will you do?
- Design Flat Plan and synopsis for Magazine Issues.
- Generate story ideas for writing staff.
- Manage writing staff and freelance content producers.
- Approve content, appearance and layout of featured articles.
- Oversee photography, design and artwork to be used in the publication.
- Meet with writers and artists to discuss features, layouts and artwork.
- Comply with media law and industry regulations.
- Send regular briefs to writers that include deadlines, writing style and fees.
- Commission articles from writing staff and freelance content producers.
- Proofread, edit and rewrite articles to meet publication standards.
- Plan, direct and attend photo shoots.
- Assist all team members to meet deadlines.
- Liaise with Designer to ensure Magazine design meets standards and according to brand guideline
- Coordinate Printing of Magazine
Working closely with all members of the team, expect this to be full on, exciting and results oriented. You will be required to work with all other content leads of the SKY Girls Zed Project.
Skills, competencies, qualifications, experience, and personal attributes
What do you need to demonstrate?
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Journalism or related.
- 2 years of work experience as a Magazine Editor or Writer
- Demonstrable experience in producing relevant content to target audiences.
- Strong writing, editing and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Natural leader who displays strong decision-making and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to understand and influence target audiences.
- Good understanding of Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Ability to nurture long-term relationships with key publication influencers.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Self-starter and highly motivated; capable of working independently and collaboratively
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Creative skills
- Possess good planning, organizational and staff management skills
To apply please complete the application form by using this link demonstrating your suitability for the role by Friday 16th July, 2021. Before applying, please ensure that you familiarise yourself with the SKY Girls Zed project by visiting skygirlszed.com.
Please note only applications sent via the application form will be reviewed. CVs and cover letters are not accepted. Interviews will be conducted between 26th July to August 6th. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be notified. For any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!