- Company: Private
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
A reputable Commercial Bank in Zambia is seeking to recruit self-motivated, enthusiastic and innovative persons to fill the following position:
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
S/he will perform the responsibility of:
- Formulating and Implementing the financial policies, procedures and strategy of the bank in the Zambian business to enhance performance
- Direct, plan, control and coordinate Finance and Accounting of country business
- Ensure correct maintenance of financial records of the bank
- Identify and champion cost optimization opportunities
- Prepare financial and statutory reports for management and external reporting
- Monitor Asset Quality, Capital Adequacy, Liquidity and Profitability Analysis.
- Monitor adherence to the bank’s and statutory reporting requirements.
- Establish and implement structures and processes for budget preparation and budgetary control.
- Prepare annual budgets and periodic budget performance reports
- Prepare periodic management accounts
- Ensure compliance with the group standard of accounting policies and processes in respect income recognition, fixed assets capitisation, expense amortisation etc.
- Perform other functions as assigned by Managing Director and Group Chief Financial Officer.
- A good first degree plus Professional Accounting certification
- Relevant Masters’ degree will be an advantage
- Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in Financial Management of which at least 7 must have been in the Banking Sector and 5 years must have been at a management level
- Must be registered with ZICA
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Banking Operations
- Finance & Accounting and Tax
- Analytical skills
- Strategic focus and planning skills
- Team building and conflict management
- Integrity and discretion
- Communication(oral & written)
- General managerial and administrative skills
Please clearly indicate the job title in the subject of your email and use your full name and the job you are applying for as the filename of your application.
Applications should consist of your cover letter and CV only, in a single document. Hand delivered or posted applications will not be accepted. The closing date for accepting applications is 19th July, 2021. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. All applications should be e-mailed to: email@example.com