- Company: WWF
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Zambia
Position: Information Technology Officer
Grade: Professional Staff
Reports to: People, Culture & Operations Manager
I. Mission of the Department: To ensure a high performing WWF Zambia Country Office Internet and Hardwares with efficient operating systems, and strong IT infrastructures, delivering conservation impact on issues and in places that are key for WWF’s Network Initiatives and other global conservation priorities.
II. Major Functions
- Coordinating the development and implementation of strong IT systems, hardware maintenance, IT internal controls, and adherence to guidelines developed by WWF International and WWF Eastern and Southern Africa
- Liaise with the Communications team on web design, development, contents management system (C.M.S) and updates for WWF Zambia Country Office
- Provides support to the all WWF Members of Staff and the Projects in I.T and Hardware maintenance and
- Makes quarterly IT reports to the Country Director and Senior Operations Manager WWF Zambia and advises them on opportunities for improvement as well as potential risks.
III. Major Duties and Responsibilities
- IT systems administration and Infrastructure maintenance
- Ensure that the Savers are functioning at all times
- Hardware and Software Installations
- Preventive maintenance of equipment
- Software and Hardware maintenance
- Network maintenance
- Utility Software licensing
- Systems Administration & Office Licensing
- Data recovery service
- Anti-Virus Licensing
- Application Software Licensing
- Web design, development, contents management system (C.M.S) and updates for WWF Zambia Country Office
- Ensuring that the WWF I.T Network Standards and Procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- Support the Country Office and the projects in all I.T matters and other related matters.
- Develops and delivers on a timetable for servicing of organisational computers, printers and copiers.
- Any others duties which may be assigned by your supervisor from time to time.
- Degree In Information Systems and Information Technology
- Over 5 years working experience with various Information Technology management systems and Hardware maintenance
- Experience with Wireless Network Administration.
- A thorough knowledge of, and dexterity with, I.T software’s
- Experience working with international organizations involved in environmental and/or livelihood issues would be an advantage.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong I.T abilities;
- The ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent inter-personal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels, within WWF Zambia and, as required, with external stakeholders;
- Experience with VSATs and satellite Management is an added advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; and
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Passionate & Optimistic, Challenging & Inspiring, Credible & Accountable, Persevering & Delivering Results.
V. Working Relationships
Deadline for receiving applications is 29th July, 2021.