- Company: Synite Quarries Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
Synite Quarries Zambia Limited (SQL) was duly registered in 2007. The principal business activities of the company are supplying of aggregates, mining, Building Construction, Road Construction and Plant Hire. The company is also in general trade which includes transport Haulage. The company is urgently looking for the suitably qualified candidates to fill in the following position:
TRUCK DRIVERS * 2
The driver will be responsible for driving to and from designated locations, verifying load papers, maintaining record of duty status according to safety and company regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Inspect truck for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips and submit a written report on the condition of the truck at the end of duty.
- Check loading papers to determine the nature of load and verify for accuracy.
- Drive truck to and from designated destinations.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic.
- Maintain records required for compliance with company.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Operate controls for loading unloading of products.
- Proper handling and accurate completion of all necessary paperwork related to truck operation
- The job reports to the Logistics Officer and has regular communication with other superior staff and also able to obey the lawful instruction given to you.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Requires drivers to be able to bend, kneel, pull, push and lift all types of hoses, equipment and tools required to do the job.
- Report all accidents and incidents involving drivers or company equipment.
- Observe highway safety hazards.
- Drivers must comply with all customers safety and delivery requirements.
- Must be able to sit and remain alert while driving.
- Must possess a valid Class CE & PSV driving license.
- Must have previous commercial driving experience of not less than five years.
- Grade twelve certificate
- Holder of Dangerous goods driver’s license