- Company: Nutrigreen Investment Ltd
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Are you a Junior Accountant seeking to advance your career as an INTERN in a startup and developing firm?
Nutrigreen Investment Ltd is a Zambia private owned agriculture extension and market aggregation Service Company. We equip Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) farmers with postmodern knowledge of agriculture production using modern technologies of smart agriculture. We pursue to ensure food security at household level through a holistic and aggressive approach in discharging our duties in extension service and market driven farming systems. Tenacity is our key ingredient in working, we strive to become an epitome of excellence in Agriculture extension and production.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
Nutrigreen Investment Ltd seeks to recruit a Junior Accountant to manage the company’s accounting system. The Junior accountant will work under the supervision of the operations manager and will monitor and manage day to day transactions both revenue and expenditure.
The roles and responsibilities are described below
- Complete daily revenue and expenditure entries and balance off payments at the close of business.
- Banking all revenue payables and ensuring it is well accounted for Complete all financial tasks required for the financial month-end/quarter.
- Maintain financial records as per corporate standard.
- Provide support as required on accounting transactions and adjustments.
- Provide support as required with payments requests ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant policies.
- Assist with reconciliation of all relevant accounts and ensure that this is completed to corporate standards.
- Preparation of monthly salaries.
- Ensuring all Statutory contributions are processed and paid in a timely manner.
- Assist in preparation of management accounts, departmental budgets with help from an external accounts consultant.
- Check TAX monthly submissions and assist with preparation of any other reports as instructed by your supervisor and liaise with ZRA and the bank.
- Generating invoices, post customer invoices and receipts and credit memos.
- Performing various reconciliations such as , a) Farmer account reconciliations. b) Cash and Bank reconciliation c) Creditor Reconciliations.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all staff financial records are maintained.
- Ensuring proper filing of all accounting documents.
- Assisting in internal and external audits.
- Coordinate Office Resources and expenditure.
- Coordinate transport for official business.
- Facilitate staff transportation,accommodation budgets, Bi-Annual Performance Appraisal processes and procedures in liaison with Personal Assistant to the CEO.
- Effectively Supervise juniors to ensure KPIs are delivered timely and accurately.
- Keep record of Field and farm office Financial Reports (FOFR).
- Prepare Monthly Financial Position for Management Decisions.
- Produce Monthly Statements for Clients and farmers.
- Prepare Monthly Management Accounts indicating business performance and identify issues and potential for growth.
- Preparation and maintenance of payroll records such as NAPSA and PAYE files for all staff.
Ensure Maintenance of records of Staff Advances.
- Ensure Maintenance of up-to-date files of Invoices Received, Payment Status, Payment vouchers and other supporting financial documents.
- Post entries in the accounting package for the expense reports, bank charges and monthly adjustments.
- Prepare outstanding advances statements for follow up with staff.
- Maintain records of both field and office internal audits.
- Maintain a record of all advances.
- Ensure company documentation and stamps are kept safely and securely
- Understand and demonstrate the principles of the Company’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Capacity to work in a team and have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to be assertive and persistent whilst having the ability to negotiate..
- Strong attention to detail with ability to plan, organize, prioritize and multitask.
- Must be flexible in regards to work related tasks.
- Must appear and conduct oneself in a professional manner with a high level of accounts integrity..
- Ability to deal with high levels of stress.
- Ability to manage the additional aspects of working independently without constant direct supervision.
- Knowledge and experience working with traditional and culturally diverse clients and farmers
SKILLS QUALITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Level 2 of CA (Z) or ACCA, diploma in accounting, NATech or related discipline.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of using Quickbooks accounting package.
- Conversant with Zambian financial and Audit laws.
- Registered member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
Interested candidates must send their CVs and cover letters electronically to email@example.com on or before 7th August,2021.
Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. NutriGreen Investment Limited is committed to be an equal opportunities employer, therefore, women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.