- Company: UNHCR
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
Procedures and Eligibility
Interested staff members should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS, UNHCR/AI/2020/1/Rev.2). If you have questions regarding your eligibility, you may also contact the HR Unit.
Submission of Applications:
– Interested internal candidates (Group 1 and 2) need apply through MSRP ¿ Self-Service ¿ Recruiting Activities ¿ Careers (please search by JO number or by Location). Please update your
personal. profiles with all required information in order to be able to apply.
– Interested external applicants need to apply online and complete the mandatory motivation letter. External Candidates go to: https://UNHCR.org/careers.html For technical issues with logging in to
the MSRP External Portal, or with online applications, please contact the HR Unit well before the deadline to allow sufficient time for any technical problem to be resolved. ¿ Applications will be
accepted only via the online portals. Please do not send application via email.
– Applications will be accepted only via the online portals. Please do not send application via email.
Duties and Qualifications
- Drive UNHCR vehicles for the transport of authorized passengers, deliver, and collect documents and other items.
- Meet official personnel at airports or other locations and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc. and ensure that the assigned UNHCR vehicles are road or waterway worthy and maintained up to the established security standards.
- Perform minor repairs, arrange for other repairs, and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations, or other local procedures, are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Ensure that instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor and security focal point are strictly followed.
- Ensures valid documentation for passengers, items or cargo in vehicle.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For G2D – 2 years relevant experience with Completion of Primary Education or High School Diploma or higher.
Certificates and/or Licenses
Relevant Job Experience
- Driving licence, knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- DV-Driving Rules and Regulations;
- DV-Basic Vehicle Mechanical Skills;
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
- Technological Awareness
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
Please also note that English is essential for this Job Opening.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: icsc.un.org
See below for this postion’s Operational Context
Field Office Solwezi has been providing assistance and protection to a caseload of persons of concern that has become more and more complex with a large protracted caseload in the one hand and new arrivals on the other hand. In response to this increase in the population of concern and the complexity of the daily deployment of UNHCR in the field, UNHCR Office in Zambia mobilized efforts to assist the Government in identifying the needs and protection concerns of the refugees. UNHCR coordinates and promotes the implementation of its mandate within the framework of the Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework Model with other sister agencies, the government, civil society and other relevant international and national stakeholders to provide protection and assistance to the thousands of women, men, boys and girls who found themselves in Zambia. As the Field Office is situated in Solwezi, the team requires daily transportation to the Refugee Settlement and for coordination meetings in Kalumbila District which is were the settlement is located.
The Driver in the Field Office is normally supervised directly by the Administrative Officer/Associate or another staff member as per the established reporting lines. Besides driving, the incumbent is responsible for up keep and maintenance of the assigned UNHCR vehicle(s) as per technical guidance and specifications established by the Organisation. S/he is required to follow strict instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor. While the basic function of a driver is to drive the official vehicles of UNHCR, s/he may be called upon to perform minor maintenance and repair of UNHCR vehicles.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
The closing date for submission of applications is 09 September 2021 Mid night Geneva Time.
UNHCR.org/psp/RAHRPRDX/EMPLOYEE/HR/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=2&JobOpeningId=29256&PostingSeq=1″ target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th September , 2021.