- Company: Family Legacy
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Zambia
Family Legacy Missions Zambia (FLMZ) is a Faith based organization that upholds Christian values and morals in the education of the orphaned and vulnerable children it serves. The organization invites suitably qualified individuals to apply for the following positions:
1) Content writer
Content Writer Job Description Summary:
The job of a content writer is to create a print and digital content for FLMZ that provides information or showcases the programs and events of the organization. This also involves developing content that accurately reflects organizational ideals. The Content Writer is responsible for conducting research on material they need to write and publish. The Content Writer works closely with the Communications Manager and relevant clients to write according to FLMZ’s editorial style.
- A Christian in good standing with a local evangelical church
- Must agree with and subscribe to our Statement of Faith
- A mature sense of ethics and morality
- Lives with integrity
- Possesses a strong work ethic
- Loves to learn and improve
- Builds and maintains good relationships with people
- Aware of own strengths and weaknesses and able to use feedback for self-development.
- Creative and Artistic
- Decisive and organized
Dimensions of the Role:
- The Content Writer (CW) reports directly and regularly to the Communications and Creative Services Manager to assist in implementing Communications, Marketing, and PR strategy
Public Relations Associate Responsibilities:
- Produce well-researched content for digital and print publications
- Organize writing schedules to complete drafts of content or finished projects within deadlines
- Develop content for multiple platforms, such as websites, newsletters, email marketing, product descriptions, videos, and blogs
- Monitor and analyze the performance of key performance indicators (KPIs) to offer suggestions for improvement
- Utilize industry best practices and familiarity with the FLMZ’s mission to inspire ideas and content
- Communicate and cooperate with the Communications team, including the Communications Manager, media team and Digital Marketing Manager
- Follow an editorial calendar, collaborating with other members of the content production team to ensure timely delivery of materials
Qualifications for Content Writer:
- Bachelors degree in English, Journalism, PR, Marketing or Communications
- Proven record of excellent writing demonstrated in a professional portfolio
- Impeccable grasp of the English language, including idioms,metaphors and current trends in slang and expressions
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with clients, colleagues, and management
- Ability to work on multiple projects with different objectives simultaneously
- Strict adherence to the style guides of FLMZ and their policies for publication
- Good time management skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, and adapting as necessary
- Proficiency with computer software especially writing and publishing programs, such as Microsoft Office, WordPress, and Google Docs.
- Familiarity with client requirements and FLMZ’s brand image, products, and services
Position – Videographer
Reports to:Communications and Creative Services Manager
Family Legacy (FL) is a faith-based, Christian, God-led organization that exists to glorify God by equipping children in Zambia to Live out their God-given potential. Since the year 2000 Family Legacy (FL) has been working in the compounds in Lusaka Zambia to transform the lives and future of vulnerable and orphaned children. FL employs over 1000 staff and serves over 15,000 orphaned and vulnerable children and runs 3 key programs: a) Camp Life; Tree of Life Children’s Village; and c) 24 Legacy Academies (schools).
The overall Responsibility of a Videographer is to ensure all marketable moments are captured for the purpose of documentation and redistribution. This role is responsible for using video clips to tell a story, and to assist in developing the strength of the Family Legacy brand.
Dimensions of the Role
- The Videographer reports directly and regularly to the Communications Manager to provide edited photos and creative ideas that can be used for marketing purposes.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to discuss required video shots and the purpose of their use
- Ensure all policy and procedure is adhered to
- Seek out appropriate video graphic subjects and opportunities
- Ensure all equipment is protected and functioning with excellence
- Carry out research and preparation for a shoot
- Work in different locations and circumstances to get the right shots
- Use an extensive range of technical equipment, including cameras, lenses, lighting and specialist software
- Communicate with video graphic subjects to put them at ease, encourage them and direct them
- Arrange still life objects, products, scenes, props and backgrounds
- Manage the processing and use of images, discuss technical problems, check for quality and deal with stakeholder concerns.
- Prepare briefs for approval
- Compile finished products for distribution, such as documentaries and promotional videos
- Understand traditional film and digital videography and keep up to date with industry trends,developments and new techniques
- Develop software expertise to digitally enhance images by, for example, changing emphasis, cropping pictures, correcting minor faults or moving objects around
- Manage the scheduling of work
- Develop a good portfolio, build a network of contacts and achieve a reputation for quality and reliability in order to establish trust for future assignments.
Specific Videographer Duties;
Write Scripts for Videos
- Write out concept notes and full scripts for documentaries, promotional videos, and highlight videos
Capture Action on Camera
- Record important events using camera, lighting, and audio equipment.
- Direct people to capture specific action and events for the camera.
Edit Recorded Video
- Edit captured video to tell concise, visually pleasing stories.
Set Up Equipment
- Set up and break down recording equipment before and after use. This includes taping down cables for safety.
- Keep all video and audio equipment in good working order, replacing pieces as necessary.
- Design Promotional Videos
Create promotional videos for FLMZ to be used for marketing purposes.
NOTE: The Employee shall also be expected to undertake any responsibilities as may be delegated by his or her supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors required to achieve the role’s objectives
- Excellent technical skills, using digital and non-digital cameras and industry-standard software for video editing
- Able to take excellent still photos
- Creativity and an eye for a world class video
- Personality, perseverance, patience and dedication when working on projects and briefs strength in working under pressure, juggling workloads and meeting deadlines
the ability to work both independently and manage teams, building rapport with stakeholders, colleagues and other businesses.
Skills Specific to Post:
- Ability to Direct video stories
- Ability to innovate new video concepts and ideas
- Pays particular attention to details
- Ability to supervise a filming team
- Communicate effectively; vocally, graphically and in print.
- Gains, develops and retains credibility for personal relationships with others and job performance.
- Ability to work well with others in a multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural environment.
- Strong analytical skills in problem solving and strategic thinking.
- Ability to work effectively with others on a team and independently, especially under pressure.
- Aware of own strengths, weaknesses and pro-active in using feedback for self-development.
- Positive about change and able to cope well with ambiguity and support others in doing so.
- Adhere to deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to foster and maintain appropriate and engaging relationships with children.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and offering points of view.
Competencies and values
Christian, respectful, servant-hearted, faithful local church member, humble, team-orientated, able to supervise a team, integrity, diversity, commitment to excellence, adaptability, able to perform under stress, innovation, building and maintaining Biblically based relationship, communicating effectively, listens well, strategic decision making, planning and organizing.
and complete the application by sending your CV and scanned academic certificates to email@example.com, clearly labeling the position applied for in the subject line.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Closing date is 17th September 2021