- Company: DAPP
- Location: Zambia
- State: Ndola
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is a nationally registered NGO working with development projects within the field of education, health, agriculture and other poverty alleviation programmes. Projects are carried out in all the provinces of Zambia reaching over 1 million people. Key funding partners include the Government of Zambia, national and international development organisations (USAID, EU, Global Fund, WFP and more) as well as private sector organisations.
DAPP in Zambia is seeking qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of Procurement Officer, tenable in Ndola.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the following is a summary of the job accountabilities.
1. Duties and Essential Job Functions
- Participates in procurements.
- Creates and maintains professional rapport with vendors regarding prices, products quality, availability and delivery.
- Attends Procurement Committee meetings as part of the Secretariat
- Works closely with the Procurement Manager to ensure economy, and efficiency in procurement decisions
- Maintains procurement records as required
- Tracks deliveries and ensures that specifications conform to deliverables.
- Is part of the receiving team for goods and/or services
- Manages the after-sale service with other stakeholders
- Undertakes supplier validation and other related tasks as requested for from time to time.
2. Desirable skills
- High Level of communication skills, with experience in preparing correspondence and other written materials
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team
- High level in Microsoft Programs, particularly Excel
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality concerning suppliers and service providers
- High level of personal integrity
- Diploma in Procurement and Supply
- Membership of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS).
- Minimum of 3 years experience
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) and minimum 3 referees must be received by 17th September, 2021.
The cover letter and CV must be one document, and the applicant’s name must be the name of the document.
Indicate the job title as the subject of your email.
Please indicate your current salary and benefits in the cover letter.
Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.