- Company: PATH
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
Description of internship project:
In general, the Zambia Country Program is interested in rolling out a robust Internship program for several reasons. Since we believe that there are mutual benefits in any internship, it is our desire that we would like to highlight the potential benefits of a well-structured internship program.
PATH is seeking an intern to support the procurement team which provides administrative and clerical support and assists in the coordination and procurement of goods and services such as printed materials, lab and shop supplies, and catering. The intern will be supported by the operations team at the Country Program. They will also work closely with the local Procurement Review Committee (PRC). The intern will learn the major processes in PATH’s procurement system.
This internship is designed to provide a practical work experience to students or recent graduates from a purchasing and supplies college program. The intern will work together with the Country Program team in Zambia and will be mentored by the Country Operations Director.
Benefit to Intern:
The intern will:
- Gain experience partnering with operational leadership
- Learn to navigate relationships with stakeholders and vendors
- Refine their knowledge and understanding of a procurement system within a global context
- Have access and exposure to a global health network
Internship’s goals and learning objectives:
- Develop communications skills with business vendors and operations stakeholders.
- Learn about supply chain methods in a global health context.
- Refine organization and project management skills.
- Make recommendations to align and optimize procurement processes.
Skills to be developed and/or expanded during internship:
- Develop customer communication techniques for bringing cases to resolution/closure.
- Gain comprehensive, real-world experience in procurement, supply chain, and relationship management.
- Thorough understanding of the complexities of the NGO work environment.
- Demonstrate ability to create database information system for vendors.
- Assist to maintain the Procurement database for local vendors.
- Assist in basic procurement processes of the Country Office.
- Assist in managing the vendor contracts.
- Assist to prepare procurement documentation for review by the Procurement Review Committee.
Learning outcomes (how the Intern’s performance will be evaluated):
Intern will be evaluated based on outcomes of the proposed activities as well as on feedback from customers, peers, and internship manager assessment. The intern will meet regularly with internship manager and the rest of the team.
Required skills and experience:
- Diploma or degree in Purchasing and Supply.
- Current membership with either Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS) or Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) is required.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Drive to be a self-starter.
- Talent for out-of-the-box thinking.
- Ability to thrive in a challenging and dynamic work environment.
- Skill in MS Excel and Access a plus.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @PATH.org address.
Please report any suspicious communications to careersitehelp@PATH.org.
PATH.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=305217&company_id=15780&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=1014533&startflag=1″ target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th September , 2021.