- Company: Kabwe Farmers Association
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kabwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Zambia
Kabwe Farmer’s Association Was formed in 1997 under the umbrella of ZNFU and was registered on 4th August 2006 with the registrar of societies section 7 (2) of the Societies Act Cap 119 of the laws of Zambia. The predominant economic activity of Kabwe District Farmers association (KFA) members is farming food and cash crops, livestock farming and aquaculture is on the increase.
Kabwe Farmers Association, in Partnership with We Effect a Swedish International Development Organisation under the ‘District Farmers Association strategic Implementation 2019-2023’, is looking for a dynamic and self-driven Full time Agribusiness Development Coordinator with passion for smallholder agricultural development to promote and facilitate agribusiness development for members and the Association to be bases in Kabwe.
The Candidate shall serve the KABWE Farmers’ Association in the post of Agribusiness Development Coordinator and shall be responsible to and accountable for his/her actions to the DFA Chairperson and the Executive Committee of the DFA Board.
1. OVERALL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide vision and direction for the Association to recruit and maintain members so as to grow the Association’s membership; promote and facilitate agribusiness development for members and the Association; manage and supervise other Association staff and work closely with stake holder to grow the Agribusiness in Kabwe.
2. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Production Management.
- Business oversight and growth.
- Staff Supervision and Support.
- And any other duties assigned by the Board.
- Education Qualification and Experience.
- Grade 12 Certificate with Passes in 5 O levels.
- A Diploma in Agriculture/Agribusiness or related qualification.
- Knowledge of Accounts and Bookkeeping.
- Experience in the smallholder Agricultural and/or Agribusiness development.
- Experience in managing or implementing donor funds in agricultural programmes.
- Experience in working with Smallholder farmers will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience preferably with supervision responsibilities.
3. OTHER REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Computer Literate (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Excellent Report writing skills.
- Proficient in both oral and written English.
- Competent in local language (Tonga, Lenje, Bemba and other languages).
- Must be not less than 30 years old.
- Pleasant and disposition and be adaptable to different situations.
- Must have good leadership/HR skills.
- Must be willing to be called upon at short notice.
- Able to ride a Motor Bike.
Candidates with appropriate qualifications should submit their applications with copies of detailed CVs with a minimum of 2 traceable references, academic and professional certificates and other relevant documents, providing day time contact numbers to the address below not later than 24th September, 2021.
NOTE: Kabwe Farmers Association is an equal opportunity employer women are encouraged to apply.
The Board Chairperson
Kabwe Farmers’ Association
P.O Box 80597