- Company: Lubuto Library Partners
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Part-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Zambia
Position: Part-Time Bookkeeper
Reporting To: Director of Operations
Contract Type: Part-Time
Apply By: 24th September 2021
BACKGROUND – Lubuto Library Partners
LLP is an international NGO, established and registered in 2005 in the U.S. and Zambia. Our mission is to provide an open system of Lubuto Libraries, embracing services to all, accessible to all, but targeting those who need the services most—street children and other vulnerable children and youth. Our vision is a world where all children and youth realize their right to a quality education and are empowered to reach their full potential and participate fully in society. With a fundamental focus on capacity-building, LLP maintains a continuous learning relationship for children and youth public library services with a growing network of Lubuto libraries owned and operated by Zambian organizations, developing a model poised to scale regionally.
More information about us can be found at www.Lubuto.org.
The Bookkeeper will be expected to reconcile LLP’s Zambia office bank accounts and will only be required for one day in a calendar month.
RESPOSIBILITIES OF THE BOOKKEEPER:
The Bookkeeper will provide services outlined below:
- The Bookkeeper will be expected to conduct all his/her work at the LLP offices.
- The Bookkeeper will prepare bank reconciliations of the local bank account held by LLP Zambia office on a monthly basis.
- Reconciliations of;
- Grant income account balances
- Balance sheet accounts
- Other accounts payables
- The Bookkeeper will check actual receipts against QuickBooks entries to ensure accuracy of postings on a monthly basis.
- The Bookkeeper will report to the Director of Operations. In the event of discovery of any irreconcilable discrepancy, the Bookkeeper will immediately notify the Director of Operations.
- When need arise, the Bookkeeper will be assigned other similar responsibilities that may be deemed necessary by the Director of Operations.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a Licentiate ZICA/ACCA II, a Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Must have 1-3 years’ work experience in reconciling bank accounts in QuickBooks a must
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience working with quick books accounting package is a must
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written skills as well as good interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply by submitting their Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae to:
Closing Date : 24th September , 2021.