- Company: Mary Begg Health Services
- Location: Zambia
- State: Ndola
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
At Mary Begg, the financial accountant works at Head Office Finance Department and provides accounting and financial support to the Finance Manager and the finance team.
- Ensure that all payments and receipts are recorded and allocated to the respective accounts.
- Ensure that the billing procedure at Mary Begg are correctly followed according to company procedure.
- Monitor the receivables accounts daily/weekly/monthly as directed by the Finance Manager.
- Update all cash book transactions when needed and maintain proper records.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Ensure that all receivable accounts are correctly invoiced and sent to clients in a timely manner.
- Work with debtors controllers to reconcile receivables accounts monthly. Any discrepancies are immediately flagged with the Finance Manager and rectified.
- Monitor the private patients’ balances and ensure nothing is uncollected.
- Update the asset register with acquisitions and disposals.
- Review any discrepancies with the Finance Manager/ Clinic Manager as needed.
- Reconcile payables accounts together with payable accounts assistant.
Update the client check list every month.
- Send reconciled client statement every month to the Finance Manager, General Manager and appropriate personnel.
- Ensure that all checklists are correctly updated and discrepancies flagged and rectified.
- Ensure that all payroll practices are in line with relevant enacted national legislation.
- Attend accounts related queries from suppliers and customers.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to finance manager or as directed.
Submit Withholding tax returns to ZRA and request for payment.
- Attend any other tax issues as requested by finance manager.
- Ensure that all cash sales from all clinics are correctly posted into pastel and reconciled.
- Carry out any other assignment or duties given by the Finance Manager.
Educational Professional Requirements
- Bachelors in Finance and Accounting/ Business Administration.
- Must be registered with the Zambian Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
- Must have at least 3-5 years work experience as an accountant or in financial management in a health care setting or medium sized Zambian company.
- Good maths and accounting skills are required for this role.
- Demonstrates effective teamwork with other members of the finance and healthcare team.
- Communicate with clients and staff in a clear and professional manner.
- Demonstrate ability to manage difficult clients in a professional manner
Proficient in MS Office Packages
To apply go to www.marybeggclinic.bamboohr.com/jobs and attached a detailed Curriculum Vitae (we will ask for original certificates and registrations if called for interview). Closing date: 30th September 2021.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be shortlisted and contacted. If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.