- Company: Nanga Farms Ltd
- Location: Zambia
- State: Mazabuka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Zambia
Nanga Farms Ltd. is a large irrigated Sugarcane Estate situated near Mazabuka in the Southern Province of Zambia. The Company is part of the Illovo Sugar Africa Group and its main activities are the cultivation of 2,860 hectares of Sugarcane and the rearing of 1,400 head of Cattle. The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of:-
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the purpose of the job is to manage irrigation operation in the farm.
- Implements the Irrigation scheduling program as provided by the Farm manager.
- Implements the flushing Program for the fields as provided by the farm manager to ensure efficient operation.
- Checks the moisture content of the soil by augering and complete augering records.
- Makes sure the pivots are operating at a recommended pressure.
- Report all breakdowns on the irrigation equipment to the Farm Manager
- Executes weekly planned activities on irrigation.
- Records the attendance of irrigators in the attendance register
- Submits routine daily and weekly irrigation reports to the farm manager
- Keeping high productivity of labour through optimal activity tasking according to safe work procedures
- Implements the Company Safety, Health, Environment and Quality management Policy in the Section.
Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Diploma in General Agriculture
- Minimum one (1) year in the same field, preferably on an Agricultural operation.
- Good organisation and interpersonal skills with a high level of integrity.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Strong supervisory ability.
Candidates who meet the above specifications should apply before 24th September 2021, enclosing their detailed CV (together with references), certified copies of educational and professional qualifications, contact address, phone number (s) and email address to:
The Human Resources Officer, Nanga Farms Ltd, P.O. Box 670079, Mazabuka.
Email address: DKanje@zamsugar.zm, Tel Nos: +260 21 235340 / 41 or +260 97 8 772211