- Company: DAPP
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) seeks a Project Director to provide strategic leadership and oversight to the Total Control of the Epidemic (TCE) project and the OVC Project, which are funded by the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and PEPFAR.
The overall goal of the TCE project is to achieve HIV Epidemic Control through the UNAIDS 95-95-95 strategy. The project implements quality HIV/ TB case finding, ARV retention, Viral Load Suppression and improved livelihoods. They work to ensure a holistic HIV program and HIV integration of services.
The project is working in the community from 270 Health Facilities in Lusaka Capital City, Southern and Western provinces. These projects will have around 500 staff.
The Project Director will be reporting to Principal Investigator and to DAPP Director of Programs. The position is based in Lusaka
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to
- To provide vision, leadership, management and direction in order to ensure the strategic, programmatic, technical and financial integrity and that implementation are on track to achieve project performance targets and comply with contract.
- Strategic thinking: Apply organizational knowledge to identify key success factors of the project, while recognizing and working as a team to reach productive resolutions to project challenges through actionable work plans.
- Program Development: Identify opportunities for suitable new activities to be implemented to accelerate Epidemic Control and long-term Viral Suppression. Support such new programs by development.
- Monitoring and evaluation: Oversee implementation of the M&E plan and contribute to streamline data management, data analysis and utilisation of data results for program improvements.
- Budget, finance and cash flow: Oversight on financial management of the project including analysis of spending compared to budget to improve cashflow, oversee procurement processes, review finance reports to ensure they live up to donor requirement.
- Networking and coordination: Represent the project, coordinate and cooperate with Ministry of Health, and other key partners and stakeholders at national and Provincial levels.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in public health with a minor in economy or project management;
- At least 5 years of experience in successfully managing large, complex HIV project(s);
- At least 3 years of supervision experience;
- Demonstrated strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated experience working with Government of Zambia authorities as well as other partners and stakeholders;
- Knowledge of and experience implementing USG rules and regulations related to CDC/ PEPFAR grant management;
- Experience managing teams and building partnerships;
Applications must be sent with the following information:
- Application letter with detailed CV with minimum 3 professional referees including supervisor(s) must be received by 24th September, 2021.
- These must be attached as one file.
- Clearly label the application in subject as Project Director – CDC/TCE Zambia.
- Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
- Please submit to these emails:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date : 24th September , 2021.