- Company: Amatheon Agri Zambia Ltd
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
EXTERNAL JOB ADVERT
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES – 2021
Amatheon Agri Zambia Limited is part of Amatheon Agri Holding N.V., a German agribusiness and farming company, developing and operating sustainable projects in Sub-Saharan Africa. The group’s headquarters is in Berlin with management structures throughout Europe and business operations in Sub-Saharan Africa. Amatheon is committed to act in a manner that is socially responsible and reflects sound environmental management practices.
MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER (01)
To monitor and evaluated the performance of field officers and Outgrower farmers to ensure efficient and accurate information transfer to the Management
Outgrower Manager & Operations Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Monitoring of all field officer activities
- Planting of all crops – Chillies, Quinoa, Chia, Sesame etc.
- Daily farming activities – weeding, fertilising, spraying harvesting etc.
- Pest & Disease Control
- Identification of all issues relating to the business.
Outgrower Farmer liaison
- Establish a good rapport with the Outgrower farmers.
- Identify the challenges and recommend solutions to management
- Evaluate field conditions for every task that will be issued.
- Act as an intermediary between farmers and management.
- Conduct daily evaluation of the crops in the Outgrower business and measure against predefined norms.
- Conduct effective reports daily, weekly, monthly.
- Report daily to senior management on performance/non-performance of field officers.
- Assess the crop potential against given norms for purposes of planning.
And any other duties as management.
a) Supervisory role in Agricultural business for a minimum period of five years
b) Agricultural Diploma/ Degree
c) Understanding of agriculture and Outgrower programs.
d) Good Working Ethic.
e) Strong administrative capacity – Microsoft Word, Excel & Powerpoint.
f) Team Player
g) Infallible integrity
h) Hands on approach.
i) Not a “clock watcher”
k) Academic and strong in Maths.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POST
One needs to be physically fit and in good health. Able to ride a motorcycle and motor vehicle with a valid licence.
Interested candidates meeting stated criteria need to apply and send CVs to aaz.recruitment @amatheon-agri.com not later than 24.09.21 at close of business.