- Company: Simba International School
- Location: Zambia
- State: Ndola
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Zambia
NDOLA EDUCATION TRUST
Job Title: Design & Technology Teacher
Responsible to: The Deputy Head Secondary
The Teacher of Design and Technology will be responsible for delivering high quality teaching with the aim of helping students develop a broad base of skills through practical, investigational and theoretical work across all Key Stages.
The Teacher of Design Technology must be able to demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and communicate this in an enthusiastic and imaginative way in both practical and theory lessons.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach across all levels and abilities following the Cambridge IGCSE level Specifications.
- Develop, maintain and stimulate pupils’ curiosity, interest and enjoyment in Design & technology.
- Develop pupils’ familiarity, competence and confidence within a safe workshop environment
- Provide challenge for every pupil and encourage all pupils to achieve their potential in Design and Technology.
- Contribute and engage in extra-curricular Design and Technology activities.
- Share in departmental best practice.
- Willingness to invest extra time outside of a lesson to ensure students achieve the best standard in Design and Technology across all Key Stages.
- Plan, prepare and deliver purposeful and productive lessons to assigned classes.
- Be prepared to innovate and devise imaginatively varied ways of teaching their subjects to inspire pupils.
- Encourage pupils and show enthusiasm for their subject in the classroom.
- Mark work according to departmental and School marking policies, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of pupil’s progress in their subject.
- Demonstrate an awareness of Assessment for Learning strategies and personalise the learning of all pupils, as appropriate.
- Select and use a range of different learning resources and teaching styles, appropriate to subject and topic.
- Participate in mutual lesson observations both within and beyond their department as a part of sharing best practice.
- Use teaching strategies that allow for the full range of ability and learning styles in each class, particularly considering the learning needs of all pupils.
- Research new topic areas and maintain up-to-date subject knowledge.
- Undertake report writing and the award of internal grades as required.
- Carry out any reasonable subject-related duties assigned to them by their Head of Department.
- Attend department meetings and moderation meetings as requested by their Head of Dept.
- Contribute to the Department’s devising and writing of new subject materials when required.
- Make themselves familiar with the contents of their Department Handbook / policies and endeavour to follow closely the guidance on Schemes of Work and related professional work tools as required.
- Contribute imaginatively to the co-curricular, extra-curricular and sporting programmes of the School as required by the Head of Department, Heads of Section and be prepared to run or assist with activities beyond lesson times.
- Take part in the outdoor programme of the School in activities ranging from Games to the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.
- Ensure that they are familiar with the School’s health and safety guidance and be responsible of their own health and safety and that of their pupils.
- Be prepared to undertake the pastoral role of a form tutor.
- Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom, establish an orderly working environment and ensure the safety and good conduct of the pupils, following the guidance in the Behaviour Policy (and the Disciplinary Framework) and to enforce the pupils’ Code of Conduct and Dress Code.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date : 6th October, 2021