- Company: Lusaka Apex Medical University
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Zambia
The Lusaka Apex Medical University (LAMU) is a privately owned University, registered with the Ministry of Higher Education under the Higher Education Authority ACT No. 4 of 2013 to provide training of professionals in the health sector of Zambia and beyond. LAMU is regulated by the Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ), the General Nursing Council of Zambia (GNC), and the Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training Authority (TEVETA).
The University is looking for a mature proactive motivated and result oriented individual to fill the position of:
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
To maintain, motivate and develop the Company’s human resource functions and provide quality administrative and management support in order to enable LAMU achieve its goals and objectives effectively and efficiently
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
1. Formulates human resource polices, strategies and action plans that are in line with the vision/mission and objectives of Lusaka Apex Medical University and submits to the Chief Executive Officer of Lusaka Apex Medical University Limited for approval.
2. Prepares annual budget for the Human Resource and Administration Department in conjunction with University HR aimed at ensuring that programmes and activities, such as, recruitment, training/development will be achieved and submits to the Chief Executive officer for consideration/approval.
3. Advises the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice Chancellor and line management on all aspects of human resources, interpreting relevant labour laws, policies and procedures on recruitment, salary administration, job evaluation, staff development, IR and promotions, to ensure consistent and effective handling of human relations issues and activities.
4. Develops and implements human resources plans which enable Management to determine the current and future staffing requirements of the organization in order to facilitate succession planning.
5. Devises effective human resource systems and procedures necessary for maintenance and promotion of industrial harmony in the Company/University.
6. Establishes sound staff development policies and systems in conjunction with departmental heads to ensure that staff are fully developed and trained to enable them realize their full potential.
7. Establishes recruitment strategies to ensure that all positions in the Company/University are filled by well qualified and competent personnel capable of providing required knowledge and skills to LAMU.
8. Serves as a chief administrator of conditions of service for all levels of staff in the Company/University to ensure consistent interpretation and application of such conditions. To this effect, conducts market surveys within the education and training sector in order to realign LAMU conditions of service with other institutions engaged in the same field/sector. Initiates the review of existing conditions of service at appropriate times.
9. Prepares monthly and ad-hoc reports on labour movement in the Company/University, highlighting disciplinary trends, engagement, separations and IR climate for management information.
10. Provides expert advice to Management and staff on labour matters. Inducts new employees on terms of employment and other conditions applicable at LAMU and the Company at large.
11. Keeps track of changes in labour legislations and implements any changes which may apply to LAMU/Company. Represents the LAMU/Company in the courts of law with regard to breaches in labour laws.
12. Administers performance appraisal systems in order to enable Management monitor and track of the performance levels of each employee on regular basis so as to arrange training or coaching sessions as appropriate.
13. Manages a job evaluation scheme in order to develop and maintain an objective grading system upon which an equitable pay structure is established.
14. Ensures efficient administration of the disciplinary and grievance procedures in the organization to ensure fair handling of disciplinary cases.
15. Generates labour returns containing staff statistics of the organization such as age, gender, qualification, total labour population and other statistics for submission to Management, Board or Labour Office as the case may be.
16. Administers fidelity guarantee and insurance cover for office equipment; also arranges the registration of staff with designated medical schemes.
17. Manages pool vehicles including supervision of the driver, insurance, licensing and maintenance of motor vehicles
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to interact effectively with staff and Management
- Computational, logistical and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous priorities and tight deadlines
- Confidentiality, integrity and willingness to work long hours
- Good knowledge of Zambian Labour Laws
- Proficient with Micro Soft packages (e.g. Word, Excel, statistical packages and Power Point).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or related Social Science
- Masters in Human Resource Management or equivalent
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management.
- At least 7 years experience in Senior Management positions in recognized institutions
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Lusaka Apex Medical University Limited
Off Kasama Road
P.O. Box 31909
Or Emailed to:
Closing Date: Friday, 8th October, 2021.