- Company: Sinohydro Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kabwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Sinohydro Zambia Limited is looking for qualified individuals to fill up the vacant positions to be based in Northern and North Western province.
Electrical Linesman – positions (2)
Reporting to – The Project Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
As an Electrical Linesman you will be required to be analytical and strong problem solving. You will be responsible for Installing and maintaining electrical lines and systems.
- Read and interpret wiring Diagrams
- Install various types of power cables and wires
- Climbing poles to access overhead power-lines
- Adhere to relevant safety regulations
- Peacefully resolve any emerging problems and issues
- Allocate and delegate responsibilities
- Supervise, train and give feedback to workers
- Prepare and present progress reports and construction schedule planning
- Maintain knowledge of and implement safety procedures at all times.
Experience and skills required
- 7 to 10 years of experience as an Electrical Linesman or Similar field
- Trades Certificate/Diploma or better Degree in Electrical engineering
- Must be a member of EIZ
- Familiarity with straps, gaffs and climbing spikes is required
- Excellent knowledge of construction operations and equipment, Knowledge of splicing wires and wire stringing.
- Experience and knowledge with power-line construction, cable conductors and transformers.
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, certified copies of all relevant academic and professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) and should be sent to the:
Human Resources Manager
Closing date: 2nd October 2021