- Company: Save the Children International
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalulushi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following position:
Position: Procurement Officer (x 1 position)
Duty Station: Kalulushi/Petauke
Role Purpose: The position will be responsible for the sourcing and purchasing of goods and services that provide value for money through procurement processes, which are fair, competitive, transparent and compliant to Donor rules and applicable laws.
The incumbent will be reporting to: Finance & Support Services Coordinator with dotted line to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Under the direction of Supply Chain Manager list will be responsible for undertaking market research and analysis, run tenders and set up Pre-Qualified Suppliers and Framework Agreements for Save the Children Zambia Country Office.
- Manage procurement execution pursuant to SCI procurement policies, processes and essential standards framework, Request for Quotations, preparation of the Comparative Bids Analysis, amongst others. Facilitate payment process and reconciliation
- Procurement Officer will take the lead in the sourcing process using the Procurement Committees and aligning closely with the requester. Additionally, negotiation and benefits capture will be within the mandate of the Procurement.
- Will be responsible for management of the Supply Chain and Purchasing Efficiency Key Performance Indicators for Save the Children Lusaka Office.
- Keep abreast of new techniques
- Secure `Buy In’ from colleagues and senior decision makers.
- Will be responsible for managing the commercial relationship with suppliers.
- Ensure overall best value for money, adherence to essential and ethical standards through a competitive and transparent procurement process considering quality, availability, time, transport and storage costs.
- Responsible for preparation of the comprehensive procurement reports, depicting the real issues faced and suggested action plans and support required.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for Framework Agreements in order to enhance the Supply Chain Efficiency Key Performance Indicator.
- Responsible for following up on invoices and preparation of payment vouchers and timely submission to Finance, ensuring timely processing of invoices with full insight of the budget v expenditure projections from the Budget Holders.
- Responsible for scheduling procurement committee meetings, documentation of minutes and provide Technical Procurement Support to the procurement committee.
- Responsible for updating of the Procurement Tracker and sharing to all staff weekly.
- Any other duties as assigned by the line manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Purchasing and Supply or equivalent qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a purchasing department
- Must be self-driven and have the ability to work well under pressure
- Experience of working with funding from major institutional donors such as USAID, Swedish SIDA, EU.
- Should have a valid driver’s License
- International NGO work experience an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Must have a mature and honest disposition
- Team player
- Computer literate
The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Click this link to or the apply button below.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 8th October 2021. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Save the Children reserves the right to re advertise if suitable applicants are not found.