- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Zambia
Overall Job Purpose
The Advance Control system engineer will provide assistance in the design, implementation, commissioning and maintenance of the various components of the advance control system and report to the Superintendent Automation, Control and Software Systems Specialist.
Specific Job Responsibility
The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
- Coordinate and manage all advance control systems used; to automate the collection, transformation and delivery of Sentinel’s operating system data.
- Coordinate and manage the OSI-soft management system installed on site; to ensure operability and utilization of this system.
- Assist in coordinating and executing the design, development and installation of DCS, PLC and HMI systems using all Software packages (i.e. SIEMENS).
- Assist in coordinating and executing the installation of new and retrofit control systems using SIEMENS PLC Controllers and I / O system.
- Assist in coordinating and executing studies and research to determine software (and related hardware) requirements for current systems as well as new projects.
- Assist in scoping, coordinating and executing the design, development, documentation of advance control systems, DCS, PLC, HMI, and SCADA program code.
- Assist in coordinating and executing the development of DCS-based programs used to automate the collection, transformation and delivery of Sentinel’s operating system data.
- Assist in coordinating and executing the performance testing of operating systems, electrical or electronic communication system and inspection of equipment to detect potential defects.
- Assist in coordinating and executing the reviews and comments on Engineering designs, scope of works and documentation thereof.
- Assist in coordinating and executing proactive development and implementation measures to improve operations and end user satisfaction.
- Assist in coordinating and executing DCS controls solutions in the processing environment, during presentations and continuous improvement discussions.
- Assist in coordinating and executing the liaising (with all different software systems, installed on site) support groups associated with hardware and software installed at Sentinel in the Engineering department.
- Assist in coordinating and executing test environments and perform customer factory acceptance tests.
- Coordinate, execute, liaise and provide formal / informal user training that may be conducted on Sentinel site.
- Understand the control philosophy of the process plant.
- Any other tasks as may be delegated upon by the supervisor.
Job Specific Competencies
- Exceptional knowledge of advance control systems; i.e. camera velocity flotation control and METCAM ball monitoring systems.
- Working knowledge of Software management systems (i.e. OSI-soft PI system).
- Working knowledge and understanding of network communication, including TCP/IP, Profibus DP, Profibus PA and Modbus systems; including installation and testing.
- Understanding of control systems, including the function, purpose and advantages thereof.
- Understanding of system drawings, including GA’s, wiring schematics, termination diagrams and P&ID’s (Piping and Instrumentation diagrams).
- Working knowledge of Industrial DCS, PLC, SCADA and HMI systems will be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Working knowledge of Windows computer systems.
- Working knowledge of installation and commissioning of Engineering control systems in a process plant environment will be advantageous.
- Working knowledge for new control system installations and control system upgrades will be advantageous.
- Must be able to use job specific hand tools.
Experience Required to Perform in This Job
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive responsibility / experience in industrial advance control systems.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in industrial automated control systems, complex software suites, analog and digital control systems, and Instrumentation with the usage of Instruments for data recording and troubleshooting.
- A Grade 12 school certificate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related qualification.
- Registered member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ)
- Registered as a member of the Engineering Registration Board of Zambia (ERB).
- A valid Zambian vehicle driving permit.
Closing Date : 11th October, 2021