- Company: Mabiza Resources Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Zambia
Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is located in the Mazabuka District, 80kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly-owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
Reporting: Foreman Facilities and Services
- Ensuring implementation of safety and health policies and practices in line with company requirements and compliance with legislation.
- Ensuring that all carpentry works are in line with the requirements of the company to meet all OHSE objectives
- Ensuring all procedures, processes, and systems in use in undertaking carpentry works are in line with company policy direction.
- Ensuring that all carpentry tools and equipment are well secured, in good order, and available for use.
- Ensure that clarification is done before a task is carried out.
- Ensure maintenance of building structures are done promptly
- Ensuring that sufficient planning is undertaken for all lined-up tasks.
- Conducting repair works and installation of doors, windows, cabinets, stars, and other fixtures required.
- Maintain workplace/Workshop at the highest acceptable standard.
- Ensuring that all carpentry tools and equipment are well secured in the correct places.
- Identification of continuous improvement projects.
- Minimize leaking roofs within the mine site
- Demonstrating a culture of learning, achievement of results, personal accountability, and integrity.
Skills & Qualifications: –
- Grade 12 certificate
- Craft certificate in Carpentry and Joinery or must have completed an apprenticeship in carpentry and joinery or have equivalent experience in the field.
- Carpenter should have technical work experience and possess excellent circuit interpretation skills.
- Experience in both construction (civil) and mining industry.
- Member of EIZ
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to:
Human Resources Business Partner
Or email your application and C.V. to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 4th October 2021