- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Overall Job Purpose
Reporting to the Assistant Manager Technical Support, you will be responsible for assisting in construction, installation and commissioning of Engineering hardware within the Sentinel Process plant as well as where required onsite; to ensure maximum operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost effective manner while ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, policies, legal requirements and consent conditions.
Specific Job Responsibility
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Installation of all field Engineering equipment, replacement of old, faulty or redundant field equipment as per the Company and vendor’s safety and quality specifications.
- Adhere to the companies planned construction and installation procedure, where no procedure is available, you will be required to draft such a procedure and present to management for ratification.
Reporting and record keeping:
- Report all incidents immediately to your direct supervisor.
- Ensure that all safety logbooks are inspected, authorized and signed according to the Sentinel site logbook procedure.
- Ensure that correct quantities of equipment; to be installed are verified and report all defective or substandard equipment to your direct supervisor.
Tools and audit:
- Maintain the correct and safe usage of all hand tools within your section.
- Record keeping and maintenance of all Engineering machinery under your section [these include LV, MV, generators, welding machines, etc.).
- Report on defective tools, record usages and control all replacement of tools.
Training and development:
- Identify needs for specialised training requirements within your area of responsibility.
- Liaise with the site training department to plan for onsite and offsite staff training.
- Draft an annual operational budget to be used for your sectional requirements [as per the template to be provide by planning section].
- Any other duties as directed by your direct supervisor.
Job Specific Competencies
- Ability to troubleshooting faults and identifying of problems with Engineering equipment.
- Experience and knowledge on large Engineering construction tasks i.e. Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and Control systems.
- Demonstrated applications of continuous improvement plans.
- Ability to quickly adapt to technological changes in Engineering construction environments.
Key Job Attributes
- Good leadership qualities
- Demonstrate personal commitment with regards to safety and environmental practices, including awareness.
- Performance management to achieve required KPI’s during the construction phase of any project.
- Oversee that the planning of all construction projects are compliant with the company standards.
- Ensuring that all tasks are carried out in safe, timely and efficient manner, to ensure maximum reliability as per policies and procedures.
- Achieving results through prioritizing activities, monitoring the progress of assignments, holding oneself accountable for the results.
- Construction knowledge of Civil equipment will be advantageous.
- Construction knowledge of Electrical equipment will be advantageous.
- Construction knowledge of Instrumentation equipment will be advantageous.
- Ability to read, train and understand Electrical & P&ID drawings.
Experience Required to Perform in This Job
- Ten years’ experience in a process plant and mining environment, working as a senior supervisor / coordinator / Engineer in construction.
- A Grade 12 school certificate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution.
- A valid Zambian vehicle driving permit.
- Registered as a member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ).
- Registered as a member of the Engineering Registration Board of Zambia (ERB).
Closing Date : 11th October, 2021