- Company: Zambia Seed Company
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Cost and Management Accountant.
Main Purpose of the Job: Performing actual cost calculation for all inventories of the entity; raw materials, purchased goods and produced finished / semi-finished products and by-products, other low value materials;
Ensure adequate accounting controls and procedures in costing and inventories are effective; Manage research and development cost and track the spend monthly.
Manage Farm financial transactions and expenses and report the farm as a profit center monthly.
Ensure costing model for actual cost calculation applied in the company is effective and in line with accounting and tax regulations;
Control the accuracy of inventory, participating in physical inventory counting; reflect differentials in accounting books and records (deficit, surplus)
Key activities and responsibilities include:
1. Actual cost calculation
- Reflecting data in the Pastel to determine costs of raw materials, purchased goods and produced finished/semi-finished products and by-products; Support data in system with required internal documents.
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by accepted accounting principles and local company accounting policy.
- Calculate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close. Post necessary adjustments in the system.
- Cooperate with production and engineering teams, ensuring inputs receiving and accuracy in primary documentation, alignment with records in the system.
- Work with the R&D team to calculate actual cost of research and registrations in all countries and ensure accruals are booked as part of the month end close.
- Work with the farm Manager to manage the farm expenses and make necessary month end entries.
- Review the Farm Revenues and expenses and create a profit and loss for the farm.
- Monthly stock reconciliation.
- Help to investigate counting variances and resolve issues.
- Participate in physical inventory counts and ensure proper reflection of results in accounting books.
- Account for other materials and low value items, ensure timely write off and correctness of balances.
- Support transactions in system with required internal documents all the way from raw seed to Finished products.
- Review the stock of Basic seed in the farm.
3. Analysis and Reporting
- Participate in activities during month end close of the General Ledger.
- Analysing changes in manufacturing processes and reflect them in Cost Accounting model.
- Prepare a stock movement report on a monthly basis.
- Support projects regarding COGS, inventories, spare parts, Farm Management etc. in accounting area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related business field
- 2+ years of accounting/finance experience, preferably as a cost accountant.
- Experience with ERP, strong Excel user, working experience with large databases
- Experience in the agriculture, manufacturing or seed industry is an added advantage.
- Experience in Inventory management
- Good level in English language
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally within the company through strong influencing and
- Leadership skills.
- Strong project Management and organization skills and ability to handle multiple projects.
- Strong listening skills & capable to influence and align internal and external needs towards actionable business tactics & strategies on a proactive basis.
If you meet the above qualifications, please apply, enclosing your up-to-date CV only with three traceable references, to the address below;
The Human Resource and ESG Manager, Zambia Seed Company Limited, P.O Box 35441, Plot 4297, Buyantanshi Road, Industrial Area, Lusaka, Zambia.
E-mail applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.