- Company: Chengelo School
- Location: Zambia
- State: Mkushi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Zambia
Come and be part of an exciting team with a history of outstanding results.
Join a Christian School whose vision is to provide the best quality education to produce future generations of leaders for Zambia. Be part of a boarding school and unique surrounding community with excellent accommodation, sporting facilities, a school farm, clinic, and outstanding outdoor education centre. It is a wonderful place to raise a family!
Share in our School Core values which are Faith, Integrity, Servant heartedness, Perseverance, Creativity, and Responsibility.
At Chengelo we have a vision to not only develop a first class SEN provision in our own school but to also set up a programme to train and equip others to meet a huge need in this area in Zambia.
We are looking for an outstanding and strategic practitioner to lead the SEN provision in the school; to create, deliver and oversee the effective implementation of a SEN framework into teaching and in the fullness of time develop a training programme for those with a heart for students with special educational needs.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful team in an expanding school. Chengelo School looks for committed Christians; passionate about their faith, passionate about teaching children who demonstrate perseverance and have a track record of success. As the leading Independent boarding School in Zambia, we are committed to the development of the whole child, intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Qualified teacher status is essential for this role.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of SEN within a school setting.
- An in-depth knowledge of diagnostic tools, analysis of results, setting IEP’s and targets and strategies of support.
- An understanding of recent developments in SEN including meeting the needs of those with learning disabilities.
- Experience of strategic leadership.
- Experience working with/ teaching diverse groups/ diverse students
- Experience of staff training.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALITIES
- Committed Christian looking to serve with a vision for Christian Leadership
- Understand and support the Christian ethos of our School, including the spiritual development of the pupils and the school’s role within the community.
- Evidence of working effectively with the Head teacher, staff and parents.
- Evidence of leading by example, demonstrating good interpersonal skills, with the ability to enthuse and motivate others and develop effective partnerships.
- Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate success in promoting the general progress and well-being of pupils and providing guidance and advice.
- Evidence of effective target-setting to promote pupil progress.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and manage own time effectively and work to deadlines.
- Evidence of competence in use of ICT.
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Enthusiasm, warmth, and capacity for hard work.
- Creative and innovative approach to solving problems.
Chengelo School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to Satisfactory teacher registration check, police check, referee checks, identification verification and the requirement to disclose any information relevant to the candidate’s eligibility to engage in activities involving young people.
For further details including job specifications and an application form please visit our website: www.chengeloschool.org/work-with-us/
For queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Closing Date : 15th October, 2021.