- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Purpose of the role:
This role is responsible in assisting Site Civil Engineer in the design, construction, maintenance and management of civil engineering infrastructure at Kalumbila Mine. Areas of responsibility including the Kalumbila Mine, Kalumbila Town, Trident Woodlands Estate and Trident Foundation Projects. The infrastructure covered by this role include water dams, tailings storage facilities, roads and stormwater drainage, domestic water supplies, waste water collection and treatment and other mine related infrastructure.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include:
- Design, prepare and/or review drawings and plans, specifications and cost estimates for civil works.
- Construction inspections, monitoring, approvals and sign-offs
- Construction record keeping and filing.
- Prepare, review and approve where required construction and service contract payment estimates and/or Invoices
- Ensure all monitoring and surveillance equipment is in good working condition for Civil Engineering structures
- Analyse monitoring data and produce reports
- Prepare progress and completion reports as required.
- Supervise and monitor the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors
- Check plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations
- Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of a Grade Twelve (Grade 12) Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Registered member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ)
- Minimum 5 years in Civil Engineering Projects of which minimum 3 years in design, specification of civil engineering works.
Job Specific Competencies
- Understanding design and as-built drawings
- The ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
- The ability to explain design ideas and plans clearly
- The ability to analyse large amounts of data and assess solutions
- The ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- The ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Ability to produce clear technical reports.
Key Job Attributes
- Must have problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent organization and managerial skills and a methodical approach to work
- Must have ability to think methodically and to manage projects
- Must have the ability to work to deadlines and within budget
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent supervisory and leadership skills
- Must be able to work without supervision
- Must have a confident decision-making ability
- Must be detail oriented do.
Closing Date : 15th October, 2021.