- Company: Lubuto Library Partners (LLP)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Position: Finance and Administration Officer
Reporting To: Director of Operations
Supervised By: Finance Manager
Contract Type: Fixed-Term
Location: Lusaka, PHI
Application deadline: Position will remain open until we find the right candidate
Background – Lubuto Library Partners (LLP)
LLP is an international NGO, established and registered in 2005 in the U.S. and Zambia. Our mission is to provide an open system of Lubuto Libraries, embracing services to all, accessible to all, but targeting those who need the services most—street children and other vulnerable children and youth. Our vision is a world where all children and youth realize their right to a quality education and are empowered to reach their full potential and participate fully in society. With a fundamental focus on capacity-building, LLP maintains a continuous learning relationship for children and youth public library services with a growing network of Lubuto libraries owned and operated by Zambian organizations, developing a model poised to scale regionally. These libraries have received over 1.6 million visits.
More information about us can be found at www.Lubuto.org.
As a member of Lubuto’s Finance Team, the Finance and Administration Officer is part of Lubuto’s management team. His/her responsibilities are primarily focused on financial operations and procurement. Additional programmatic duties will be assigned as necessary by the Director of Operations in coordination with the Finance Team.
- Ensure payment requests are fully signed with complete documentation
- Prepare and capture payment vouchers into Quickbooks accounting package
- Enter daily payments into the EFT banking system
- Assist the Finance Manager in developing annual operations and program budgets
- Filing accounting documents relating to the respective month transactions
- Prepare reconciliation schedules for all balance sheet accounts
- Maintains a list of contacts of supporters and stakeholders
- Manage the fuel account and prepare monthly reconciliations
- Maintain LLP’s inventory and fixed assets in the register and conduct quarterly verifications.
- Oversee logistical staff activities, expenditures and scheduling
- Coordinate LLP’s procurement processes
- Prepare monthly staff payroll using Swift Payroll software
- Prepare draft staff contracts
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or any other related field
- Experience with Quickbooks accounting software a must
- Should have at least 3-year prior experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of donor regulations, policies and procedures is desirable
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Submit a cover letter explaining your interest in the role, what you would bring to it; a detailed résumé; and three traceable references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header: LLP Finance and Administration Officer
- Include contact information (phone and email) in your application
- Applications not including all of the above will not be considered
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date : 15th October, 2021.