- Company: Alliance For Children Everywhere Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Alliance for Children Everywhere-Zambia (ACEZ)
Alliance for Children Everywhere-Zambia (ACE-Z), is a faith based, non-profit organization which was formed in 1998. The primary goal of ACE–Z is to mitigate and intervene in the pressing needs of orphans and vulnerable children. ACE-Z’s unique approach to dealing with vulnerable children is premised on the promotion of family-based care for children. ACE-Z is a leading organization in promoting family-based care for children model and works in collaboration with the Government of the Republic of Zambia through the Ministry of Community Development and Social Services (MCDSS)
JOB TITLE:PROGRAM OFFICER -FAMILY PRESERVATION AND EMPOWERMENT
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate and Conduct Monthly community engagements Family Preservation and Empowerment Program (FPEP)
- Conduct home assessment of FPEP families
- Asses and recruit FPEP clients for skills trainings
- Prepare and facilitate skills training for FPP families
- Organize skills trainings/workshops for FPEP families
- Supervise FPEP Savings Groups
- Facilitate loan disbursements and recovery
- Prepare and submit FPEP reports
- Provide Psychosocial and Spiritual support to FPEP families.
- Initiate other support interventions to the children and families in the FPEP Program.
- Represent the Organization in stake holder meetings when necessary
- Conduct Monitoring activities of Graduation Approach (GA) Model Families
- Formulate and Update timely the FPEP data base
- Formulate and update FPEP household/ child files
- Collaborate and maintain cooperation with Foster to Adopt (FTA) and other Family Preservation and Empowerment Program (FPEP) and Education Program Officers.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The required candidate must be innovative, self-driven, passionate about empowerment of vulnerable children and families.
- Good planner, with budgeting knowledge and ability to pay attention to detail
- Solid written and grammatical skills
- Ability to run projects and initiatives independently
- Ability to prioritize and multi task
- Ability to drive will be an added advantage (Valid Drivers License)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Development Studies or any relevant Social Science
- Fully Registered with the Social Workers Association of Zambia (SWAZ)
- A qualification and experience in Psychosocial Counseling (especially involving children) will be an added advantage
- Three (2) years proven work experience
Note: Only candidates meeting the ab0ve requirements need apply to the below email address, no hand delivered applications will be allowed.
Send an Application Letter, certified copies of Academic and Professional Qualifications and Curriculum Vitae, addressing your application to the Executive Director. Email your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: The closing date for applications is Friday, 15th October, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.