- Company: CARE Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
CARE Zambia an International Non-Governmental relief and development organization with various projects in Central, Copperbelt, Eastern, Muchinga, Luapula, Lusaka, Northern, North-western, and Southern provinces of Zambia, has the following vacancies available at Head Office in Lusaka.
Job Title: Development Officer – Research and Learning
Reports to: Program Manager – MEAL
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
The Development Officer – Research and Learning will be responsible for successfully delivering all aspects of assigned CARE Zambia development project(s) in relation to facilitating reflections and sense-making sessions and consolidation of learning. As a member of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning team, He/she will implement assigned project(s) or activities in accordance with CARE Zambia’s strategic and operational plans, as well as professional project methods and standards. The Position will be responsible for research, monitoring, evaluation, learning, reporting and continuous quality improvement in terms of data collection, storage, analysis, interpretation and reporting, including provision of support to project surveys.
SPECIFIC DELIVERABLES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Support the development and implementation of M&E plan/system and management of the project’s beneficiary database/project information systems.
- Support the project in developing data collection tools and securing means of verification
- Support and facilitate the implementation of project data quality audits and checks
- Support the facilitation of project reflection meetings and sense-making sessions,
- Supporting the design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of operations research and pilot projects,
- Responsible for documenting project lessons learnt, and other knowledge management products
- Champion the development and submission of evidence-based abstracts for publishing and conferences,
- Support the training of project staff and partners in relation to the application of monitoring and evaluation approaches, mechanisms and tools developed.
- Responsible for analyzing data from project surveys and evaluation for future programming, documentation and publication purpose.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of mechanisms for capturing, sharing and applying M&E findings, information, lessons learned, best practices and human impact stories among CARE and partner staff.
- Participate in meetings of reflections, sense-making sessions, design and planning impact measures of the program at national, provincial, district and community levels.
- Actively seek opportunities for inter-project and inter-agency collaboration and seek mechanisms to create an environment of collaboration and synergy
- Propose, develop and support others developing content for dissemination including blogs, other social media, technical manuals, academic papers, policy briefs, etc.
- Participate in CBA-SCALE work package on documenting and sharing knowledge of Community Based adaptation approach
- Perform any other duties which are consistent with the nature of the job and its responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Demography, Development Studies, Sociology, Social Work or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized University or College.
- Diploma or Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation
- At least 3 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of NGO or Government project/programmes
- Excellent skills in methodologies for collecting, processing and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Excellent skills in qualitative and quantitative research, monitoring and evaluation methods including survey design and report writing.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis tools (SPSS or other equivalent software) and management systems databases (Excel, Access or other equivalent software).
- Strong analytical, coordination, facilitation, negotiation, interpersonal, documentation, report writing and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and coordinate with a variety of partners and stakeholders, maintaining harmonious and productive working relationships
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Suitably qualified and interested members of the public are invited to apply. Application letters accompanied by detailed CVs and daytime contact numbers should be sent to: email@example.com.
Closing Date: 27th October, 2021
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.