- Company: Jhpiego
- Location: Zambia
- State: Chipata
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.Jhpiego.org.
Jhpiego seeks candidates for the following positions: –
Provincial Technical Coordinator (2)
Location: Chipata and Kasama
Reports to: HIV Care and Treatment Lead
Position Supervised: – Field level Technical Officers, and Site Level Clinicians
The Provincial Technical Coordinator will coordinate the implementation of technical activities with Jhpiego field teams and Defence Force of Zambia (DFZ) at a sub-national and site level ensuring project interventions are implemented according to standard to achieve annual targets. S/he will work in collaboration with the DOD Project Field Office Manager, DFZ, Provincial and District Health Office and other implementing partners in the Province to promote buy-in and support for HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment services.
- Facilitate collaboration between Jhpiego and DFZ, the Provincial and District Health Office and other implementing partners in the province
- Lead Field level technical teams and mentor site level staff
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to provincial technical officers and M&E Officers to ensure high quality technical activities are carried out in a timely manner and targets are
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to Community based volunteers and other Community Based organizations working on the DOD Project.
- Coordinate the technical activities implemented by project technical officers at site level
- Oversee and ensure smooth implementation of the trainings, mentorship, and supportive supervision to community based volunteers working on the project.
- To ensure quality interventions are implemented by site level Clinicians working on the project.
- To ensure quality interventions are implemented by Community based volunteers and other Community based organizations working on the project.
- Ensure quality interventions are implemented by the project subawardees.
- Ensure increased access to standardized HIV prevention services for active military members and priority populations, including female sex workers (FSWs) in hotspot
- Coordinate the strengthening of the internal capacity of the DFZ to implement and manage quality HIV services and increase access to high-quality data for decision-making
- Ensure project coordination with respective Military units in the Province to promote buy-in and support for HIV/AIDS prevention programs, C&T, VMMC, Lab, Supply chain, GBV, OVC and HTS
- Represent Jhpiego in professional circles through meetings, conferences and presentations in the province.
- Contribute to annual work planning, training plans and quarterly reports and other required technical reports
- Ensure data analysis and interpretation to support decision making at every level
- Work with project subawardee and Jhpiego technical officers to ensure establishment of systems to facilitate HIV testing for OVC and their caregivers of unknown HIV status, link HIV-positive OVC and their caregivers with HIV care and treatment services
- Coordinate collaboration with health care providers, local authorities, community members and project team members to identify community- based service delivery issues that impede access to care and uptake of services and ensure these are addressed
- Ensure capacity building for project staff and healthcare providers in specific areas of expertise including but not limited to:
- OVC needs assessment and case management
- Social welfare programming including household and community support for OVC and their families
- GBV programming, including prevention and identification, notification, and linkage services
- Adolescent HIV risk behavior and adolescent-friendly services (particularly adolescent girls and young women)
- Male norms, use of services, and strategies for reaching
- Ensure data review meetings are done as planned
- Ensure Monitoring, Evaluation and timely reporting to Jhpiego Central Office in Lusaka
- Diploma / Degree in Nursing/Clinical Medicine
- Master in Public Health or related field will be an added advantage
- At least 6 – 7 years’ experience implementing and/or providing technical assistance in HIV/AID, gender and social welfare programs, reaching orphans and vulnerable
- Demonstrated experience training clinical and community-based healthcare workers on HIV/AIDS, gender and social welfare programs, reaching orphans and vulnerable
- Skilled in at least three or more of the following technical areas: HIV prevention, HTS, C&T, strengthening Gender or OVC service delivery projects, adolescent health and health-seeking behavior
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of Zambia healthcare system, particularly the public health
- Experience in data management at the facility and program
- Fully Registered with the Health Professions Council of Zambia or General Nursing Council of Zambia with a valid practicing license.
- Ability to travel in country to project sites up to 50% of the time, as needed.
- Demonstrates ability to work with efficiency and diplomacy as part of a team effort
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to achieve results
- Demonstrates presentation and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 suite
- Experience working with PEPFAR and DFZ is an added advantage.
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae in a single document, stating the position in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager: Zambiajobs@Jhpiego.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date is Thursday October 21, 2021.