- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Purpose of the role:
The position exists to maintain the complete fleet of Ancillary equipment to the OEM specifications and standards. Responsible to execute both planned and unplanned maintenance work activities on a shift by shift basis safely and effectively. The shift Artisan will perform maintenance activities in a safe and effective manner with the aim of delivering results that meet quality standards and company expectations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out equipment inspections and ensure corrective work is identified before it becomes a breakdown.
- Ensure that sufficient information is captured to perform or plan the corrective task by using the work request and or defect notice request process
- Ensure identified work is prioritized according to the potential risk to HSE & equipment availability
- Discuss with the off-going or on coming crew potential safety hazards and issues, ongoing work from previous shifts, progress of the mining plans and status of work in the schedule
- Ensure task requirements are clearly understood and all risks identified before commencing the job
- Collect all required tools and equipment prior to commencing the job to promote efficient maintenance practices
- Adhere to all site and company requirements for the use of permits, risk assessments, Isolations and risk management.
- Test & commission the machine to ensure all maintenance activities were effective and the machine is returned in a fit for purpose condition
Record Work & Job Completion
- Complete all maintenance documentation (Work orders, PM sheets, inspection sheets etc…) in full and to the required standard ensuring that all relevant information relating to the task is completed
- Clean and tag components requiring repair or core return
- Parts not required returned back into stock
- Report broken, damaged or missing tooling
- Ensure all work areas are well maintained and housekeeping standards are adhered to
- Participate in on & off the job training and learning opportunities
- Demonstrate interest and wiliness in all equipment and company goals
- Participate and contribute to safety and improvement initiatives
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant trade or role required experience
- Hold relevant artisan certification in electrical, mechanical or similar
- At least 2 years in mining or heavy industry
- Where appropriate, hold valid driver’s licence
Key Job Attributes
- The ability work within a group in a challenging and geographically remote environment.
- Sound problem solving skills.
- Satisfactory oral communication skills in English.
Contribute to the management of Health and Safety by;
- Participate in the identification of significant Health and safety risks and impacts including those related to identified applicable legislation
- Contribute to the development and implementation of plans/controls to mitigate significant health and safety risks in your Section.
- Participate in the effective management of health and safety risks in your work area.
- Ensure that incidents related to health, safety or the environment are reported.
- Ensure compliance with the health and safety programs in your Section
- Attend regular safety meetings.
- Comply with maintenance plans including relevant up to date SOP’s where they are developed and available.
- Actively promote continuous improvement in safety behavior.
- Conduct informal safety inspections of your work area.
- Able to handle work with a great sense of professionalism
- Possesses good organizational skills
- Good oriented person
- Maintain a professional approach to duties and responsibilities with the capability of making timely, rational decisions and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Act with honesty and integrity in all areas: maintain confidentiality in dealings with subordinates, clients and customers.
- Demonstrate accuracy, time management and organizational skills.
- Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
- Commitment to reach or exceed maintenance, operational and safety goals.
- Work effectively in a team environment, supporting other team members when needed.
- The ability and drive to manage maintenance work group in a technically challenging and geographically remote maintenance environment.
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge and understanding of diverse third world cultures and customs an advantage.
Closing Date : 5th November, 2021.