- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Purpose of the role:
To continuously liaise with key stakeholders to ensure ore loss, ore dilution, and misclassification is minimized within the pit.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct daily field ore delineation and control
- Champion efforts to minimize unplanned dilution, ore loss, and misclassification
- Assist the mine planning engineering team, via set escalation processes, in identifying and highlighting non-compliance to mine plans and/or planned feed grade deviations where feasible.
- Communicate implications of major daily ore feed plan changes to key stakeholders i.e. process team
- Assist the mining operations team with any clarification or information required to better understand the daily ore feed implications.
- Undertake field assessments and ‘ground-truthing’ checks of key material characteristics at active mining faces to ensure model data is aligned.
- On-shift leadership and supervision of the ore control support teams
- Provide valuable and continuous feedback to the geology team highlighting opportunities, challenges, or risks that could impact ore control
- Provide daily operational reports and other official communications where necessary and attend all shift handovers (start/finish).
- Continuously develop in complimentary technical mine geology areas (production, ore control drilling etc.) where opportunity allows.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications & Experience
- Familiarity with Central African Copperbelt Geology and metallogeny
- Operational experience in open pit deposits advantageous
- Strong general IT skills
- Full Grade Twelve certificate (12)
- Tertiary Qualification in Geoscience from a recognized Zambian University
- Full manual driving licence and driving experience considered highly advantageous
Job Specific Competencies
- Solid understanding of general safety and quality principles.
- Excellent team ethic and practical leadership potential
- Excellent scientific and analytical potential
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, including report writing
Key Job Attributes
- Shows potential for leading and coaching a small support team towards technical excellence
- Ability to readily develop rapport and trust with key stakeholders
- Attention to detail and thorough methodical approach is essential
- Ability to prioritize based on understanding of business and team requirements
- Ability to take responsibility and manage tasks through to completion
- Proactive, honest, reliable, and passionate about driving continuous improvements and excellent standards
- Skilled at working under strict time constraints and under pressure
- Must be willing to work with and assimilate experience from colleagues from a variety of skills and national backgrounds
- Must be willing to do shift work as routine
Closing Date : 5th November, 2021.