- Company: Airtel Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
DEPARTMENT : Networks
VACANCY : Quality Engineer – RAN Performance & Optimization
LEVEL : Senior Officer
LOCATION : Lusaka, HQ
Responsible for monitoring and ensuring best in Class voice and data Quality services for Airtel Zambia. Monitoring, reporting and analysis of Radio Network performance indices, taking proactive and corrective actions to keep and maintain these quality of Service KPIs above agreed targets delivering best in class Customer experience. Drive initiatives and interventions to improve Radio Network quality.
REPORTING TO THE NETWORK QUALITY MANAGER, THE MAIN DUTIES ARE:
- Quality KPI formulation, definition and standardization.
- Assuming responsibility for any quality/KPI impacting changes introduced to the 2G/3G/4G radio network or to any to any changes made to methods, processes or procedures, whether internal or external.
- Capacity monitoring/reporting and making recommendations for Traffic reshuffling and Capacity Management.
- Monitoring Radio Network with the aim of identifying poor performance and escalating/follow up on MS Partner to improve performance and give customers desired experience.
- Ensuring complaint handling and closure within agreed SLA
- Coordinating weekly Network Performance Meetings with Partners to review Network KPIs.
- Validating the accuracy and integrity of all performance reports with regards to Radio services received from Partner.
- Ensuring Network Benchmarking is done on accurately and on time.
- Quarterly/Monthly Competition benchmarking analysis and input to the business.
- Ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements
- Identifying and correcting wrongly measured parameters to be in line with regulatory requirements.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION & FUNCTIONAL/TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Bachelor of Engineering degree (communication, electronics, or related fields)
- Sound knowledge of Mobile Network Planning, Optimization and/or O&M
- Strong Analytical, statistical and Presentation skills
- Sound Excel/Office suits
- Programming skills to facilitate automation of reports will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of performance management systems/tools, statistics, formula
- Cognate Leadership skills
- A minimum of 5-year work experience in RF Planning & Optimization for UMTS/GSM/EDGE.
- A minimum of 3 years’ good work experience on UMTS/GSM Optimization
- Knowledge of RF Planning tool, DT measurement/post processing tool and troubleshooting tools
- Good knowledge of 2G/3G/4G KPI and RF network planning and optimization processes knowledge and experience
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business at multiple levels will play an important role
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to deliver business solution
- Analytical Skills
- Detail oriented.
- Quantitative skills.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn quick
- Ability to work outside office hours
- Valid Driver’s License
Suitable candidates requested to apply by sending through their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for receiving applications is 26th October, 2021.
Airtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is non-discriminatory on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnic grouping.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.