- Company: PATH
- Location: Zambia
- State: Ndola
- Job type: Temporary
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is leading a vibrant consortium of Zambian and international organizations that will collaborate closely with Zambia’s MoH, the NTB, the private sector, and other partners to support the eradication of TB in Zambia. Funded by USAID and focusing on six (Copperbelt, Central, Muchinga, Northern, North-Western and Luapula) of Zambia’s 10 provinces, the five-year Eradicate TB contract aims to increase the number of individuals screened for TB by 50% and increase the TB treatment success rate to 85% in targeted provinces. The four key tasks of Eradicate TB are to:
- Pursue high-quality DOTS expansion and enhancement
- Address TB-HIV, MDR-TB, and the needs of poor and vulnerable populations in six provinces
- Engage all categories of care providers
- Enable and promote research.
PATH is seeking a Provincial Monitoring & Evaluation Officer to be based on the Copperbelt Province. The incumbent will work closely with the MoH and provincial health offices to support programming leading towards the eradication of TB. This contract will be for the duration of five (05) months.
- Coordinate and participate in the timely collection and analysis of all supported facilities’ TB program performance data, document best practices and success stories.
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual programmatic performance reports; conduct basic data analysis and interpretation as required for program support and for reporting.
- Collaborate with other M&E and technical staff to interpret data and adjust implementation strategies accordingly to maximize impact.
- Contribute to the improvement of Health Information Systems (HIS), M&E activities, and data quality by undertaking visits to districts/facilities as needed to support and/or mentor data collection/collation or verify data quality or carry out spot checks/views.
- Participate in strengthening existing M&E system for the project.
- Ensure accuracy of entered data and compare it with the existing filing system to make sure all records are consistent and aligned.
- Ensure M&E database is up to date.
- Provide guidance and support to the M&E team in the development and implementation of monitoring tools, which will include, but not be limited to, data collection, data quality, analysis, and reporting on program indicators.
- Participate in the training of project staff and MOH staff in monitoring of activities based on indicators and targets set out in the performance monitoring plan.
- Support the coordination and execution of events in the department, such as organizational project learning by developing, collecting, and disseminating relevant information on monitoring, evaluation, and research.
- Support team in developing data visualizations and use of data visualizations at provincial and district level.
- Establish strong working relationships with key managers dealing with M&E/information management and provide support to the program to facilitate effective collaboration and communication.
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in providing monitoring and evaluation support.
- Experience in setting up and updating databases.
- Ability to work collaboratively across disciplines and support diverse team members in completing tasks.
- Understanding of USAID reporting requirements preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft software packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Well-organized and detail oriented with good follow-through. Strong writing skills.
- Willingness to travel within the Copperbelt province up to 50 – 75%
Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @PATH.org address.
Please report any suspicious communications to careersitehelp@PATH.or
PATH.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=305300&company_id=15780&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=1014661&startflag=1″ target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th October, 2021.