- Company: Restless Development Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Chipata
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
ABOUT RESTLESS DEVELOPMENT
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being ignored and overlooked. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities.
Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organization.
OUR APPROACH TO SAFEGUARDING
Restless Development considers the welfare and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults to be an organisational imperative with primacy over the success of programmes or strategic objectives. We recognize that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and we expect all of our staff, volunteers and partners to ensure we protect the communities in which we operate from harm and abide by our Safeguarding Policy.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Restless Development Zambia has since 2003, been equipping youth to voice their priorities; facilitating their access to decision makers for accountability; and supporting platforms for youth to demonstrate that they are effective change agents. We strengthen government, institutional and civil society partners’ capacity to engage with youth. Our evidence based policy engagement is unique in its approach, cutting across government, private sector and the NGO sector and this has set us apart as an innovative partner in development.
Restless Development will be implementing a Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Project in Chadiza, Kasenengwa, and Mambwe in Eastern province. The Project Targets to put out of school adolescent girls’ needs and rights at the centre of all project activities. This target group has been selected because they are consistently left out of traditional adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (ASRHR) programming, are difficult to reach, and often have the greatest need.
The Projects also seeks to Increase enjoyment of health-related human rights by the most marginalized and vulnerable women and girls’ rights holders, particularly out of school adolescent girls in target areas. Increase equitable use of SRHR health services by diverse groups of women, adolescent girls, and children’s rights holders, particularly out of school adolescent girls, improved provision of gender and adolescent responsive, inclusive and accountable health services by health care providers for diverse groups of women adolescent girls and children’s rights holders, particularly out of school adolescent girls. Improved effectiveness of key stakeholders, particularly women and girls’ rights organizations to advocate for evidence-based, accountable and equitable ASRHR policies, legal frameworks and services.
Restless Development therefore seeks to recruit for the project a dynamic, inspired and innovative Zambians to fill the role of Senior Programme Coordinator. The Senior Programme Coordinator will be based in Chipata as direct facilitator of our activities on the project to support partnership management and coordination, oversee the delivery and quality of the programme, people management and operations.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Job title: Senior Programme Coordinator
Salary: ZMW 246, 565 Basic Per Annum
Preferred start date: TBA
Length of contract: 2 Years
Visa requirements: Must have the right to work in Zambia
Reports: Meaningful Youth Engagement Manager
Direct reports: Programme Officers (3)
Expected travel: Expected national travel to programme Areas
1. PARTNERSHIP MANAGEMENT AND COORDINATION
- Lead the development, implementation and coordination of the public and private sector strategies and plans for the Project
- Ensure that all young people and the community are oriented and trained in Safeguarding
- Ensure sustainability of the project at various levels so that the intervention continues after the end of the project
- Support cultivation plans of resourcing for the Organization
2. OVERSEEING THE DELIVERY AND QUALITY OF THE PROGRAMME
- Manage all Programme development priorities and ensuring quality review of the new work plan, resources and the implementation schedule
- Coordinate the development of the project narrative report including donor reports with input from the programmes team
- Ensure achievements of donor target and commitments
- Tracking changes and evidence based results targets and indicators of the Project
- Participate in the relevant progress meetings underpinning the Project
3. PEOPLE MANAGEMENT AND OPERATIONS
- Ensure that Restless Development’s Global Safeguarding Policy is implemented rigorously at all levels of the Hub’s operations in Zambia
- Line Management of Programme Officer’s
- Designing and leading training and other Capacity Building initiative for staff in your team and others
- Take charge of the performance management cycle for staff while ensuring that all staff on the Project have up to date performance objectives and career development plans and that Line Management and Performance Management Meetings are happening
- Ensure that your programme team adheres to organisational policies and practice
4. FINANCIAL PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
Work closely with the Finance and Administration Unit to:
- Lead on developing, managing and regularly reviewing the programme budget.
- Support development of donor budgets and expenditures report.
- Support development of annual programme budgets and quarterly reforecasts.
- Ensure financial policy and procedure is adhered to by the team.
- Monitor project performance to ensure projects are on track against key performing indicators. This includes monitoring project deliverables, budgets, burn rates, and appropriate coding and cost recovery against each grant and raising any areas of concern to the Leadership Team.
- May be occasionally be required to work on weekends and/or public holidays for which time of lieu will be granted
- Other duties as required
We are looking for people with the right competencies and skills for the role, and who demonstrate the personal qualities consistent with our Values.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate-level Degree in relevant area, or equivalent work experience
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Good IT skills with competence in Word, Excel and PowerPoint essential
- Belief in the values of Restless Development and ability to uphold them personally
- A strong personal commitment to the values, code of conduct and methods of Restless Development
- Proven facilitation and training skills
- A high level of motivation and ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Leadership skills
- Team builder
- Relationship building
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), fluency in written and spoken English essential and excellent IT skills
- Experience working Government Institutions(MOGE) and conversant with their systems and operations
- A clear understanding of contemporary development issues particularly those related to economic opportunities for youth, sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Proven experience in people management and leading teams remotely
- Proven experience overseeing programme delivery
- Proven experience overseeing financial/budget management for a donor funded programme
Restless Development is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. Restless Development will ensure that no applicant or staff member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, social status, caste, race, ethnic origin, religious belief, age, HIV status, disability, or any other factor that cannot be shown to be relevant to performance.
WHAT WE DO FOR YOU
We are proud to commit to a transparent global salary scale, ensuring a fair and comparable system of pay across all global locations.
Values and Culture
At Restless Development, we’re proud that the strength and integrity of our Values has been recognised by staff, beneficiaries, donors and others who we work with. Beyond this, we have a culture of recognising and celebrating both our Values and our global achievements with monthly Values Champions and an annual Values Day.
It goes without saying that we work hard, at Restless Development. We also recognise the importance of helping staff to maintain a positive work-life balance by offering:
- 24 days annual leave (in addition to public holidays and with an extra day of annual leave given for each full year of service, up to a maximum of 28 days).
- Birthday Leave
- Access to flexible working.
- Generous study leave, maternity, paternity or adoption leave, and other leave allowances.
Restless Development is proud to be an employer who recognises potential and invests in the development of its staff. We are committed to the professional development of our staff through:
- Empowering opportunities to work on significant projects which stretch and inspire staff – allowing them to develop on-the-job.
- Regular performance management.
- Training and development opportunities, including supporting our staff to identify mentors both within and outside of the agency
- Quarterly Staff Workshops for all staff to give and receive agency updates, receive training, and socialise.
Travel and medical insurance
We provide medical insurance to staff and one dependent. When travelling abroad with work, all staff will be covered by Restless Development’s travel insurance.
- Please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th November, 2021 indicating subject line as “APPLICATION_YOUR NAME_SENIOR PROGRAMME COORDINATOR_CHIPATA”.
- Please note that we do not accept CVs Resume’s or Covering letters.
- Interviews are scheduled to take place on a date TBA.
- Click Here to download application form.
- Click Here to download Job Description.
*Local residents are encouraged to apply.*