- Company: Tusekelemo Community Medical Centre
- Location: Zambia
- State: Mkushi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Tusekelemo is a not-for-profit health institution whose mandate is to provide holistic health care to the community. It is conveniently located within town centre along Buteko street in Mkushi.
This position carries responsibility for administration of all non-direct patient care services and departments.
The incumbent co-ordinates personnel, budget, policy, program and other administration matters, under the general direction of the Medical Director.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling all resource departments and services of the center, including personnel, financial, facilities, equipment and medical supplies. Administers the center’s total budget and actively participates in planning
- Working with other healthcare professionals to improve the efficiency and quality in the delivery of direct healthcare services.
- Staying abreast of changes and new laws and regulations in order for the healthcare facilities to adequately comply with those regulations.
- Supervising supporting staff for effective implementation of duties
- Management of the finances of the Healthcare Facility, such as managing overhead costs, patient fees and billing.
- Creation of work and shift schedules for supporting staff
- Promotes and maintains effective public relations with governmental and community agencies and individuals.
- Keeping and organizing all records of the facility’s services including staff files, vehicle/ambulance maintenance, inventory, pharmacy stocks
- Communication with members of the medical staff and department heads.
- Coordinating meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Manage all financial accounting activities for hospital operations.
- Develop financial statements for payroll processing, account reconciliations, account receivables, account payables, revenue, expenditure, etc.
- Ensure all deposits are made correctly
- Manage debtors and creditors and ensure all due debts are collected timeosly
- Determine accounting errors or discrepancies and suggest necessary corrective action.
- Maintain accurate accounting records for future references.
- Support accounts assistant in account receivables and payables activities.
- Respond to accounting related questions and inquiries from employees.
- Ensure financial records comply with company policies and accounting principles.
- Perform month end closing activities such as account reconciliation, revenue accounting, expense accounting, etc.
- Prepare finance reports required for team meetings or as requested by management and customers.
- Prepare and submit financial reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review all financial reports to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Support preparation of annual budget, forecast and projections.
- Assist in preparing necessary documentations for annual financial audits.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- The job requirements for this role are a combination of qualifications and related experience. Judgment of an acceptable equivalent combination, on an individual basis, is the responsibility of Management.
- A qualification in Finance or Accounting with formal training in Administration; or a qualification in Administration with professional training in Finance or accounting.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in finance or accounting and administration
- Strong analytical, planning, and forecasting skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and demanding timeframes
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping procedures and debt collection regulations
- Hands-on experience with accounting and payroll software
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (using financial formulas and creating spreadsheets)
- Solid data entry skills with an ability to identify numerical errors
- Good organizational and time-management abilities
Closing Date : 3rd November , 2021.