- Company: St Ignatius College
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
St Ignatius College is a private non-profit Catholic Jesuit secondary school located in Ibex Hill Lusaka (Zambia) and wholly owned by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). Established in 1979 by the Leopards Hill Trust, the College is one of the oldest private schools in Zambia and was taken over by the Jesuit Society of Jesus in 2018.
One of the great strengths of St Ignatius College is the commitment to academic excellence and also to ensuring curricular leadership, a holistic approach to learning and promoting community service. The aim of Jesuit Education is to provide academic excellence and quality education of the whole person as per the Jesuit ethos.
Our Mission – Our Purpose:
To mould leaders who are emotionally intelligent, environmentally conscious, spiritually reflective, and engaged in academic rigor by investing in learning and teaching.
Our Vision – Our Collective Dream:
Young leaders empowered in the Ignatian tradition working towards a just and humane world.
The College is seeking to recruit a dynamic, motivated, enthusiastic and qualified individual for the role of College Principal who believes in the above vision and tradition.
- Drive the vision and culture of the College in line with shareholders’ expectations;
- Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate educational strategies to achieve the organisation’s objectives;
- Improve processes and systems to achieve the aims and objectives of the College;
- Explore new business opportunities that will translate into sustainable profitability and business growth;
- To direct the College operations through the Vice Principal, management team and educators; and
- Ensuring that the College adheres to all risk and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Minimum of a taught Master’s degree in Educational Leadership or its equivalent from a recognized University.
- Affiliation to educational bodies in country of origin is a must
- At least 8 years’ experience in an academic leadership position.
- At least 3 years’ experience in reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Demonstrable experience working in a Jesuit environment or other related Catholic establishment is an added advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in the private and commercial educational system.
- Preferably a Christian and a Catholic would be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Fit and proper for the job and demonstrating knowledge of working with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system such as Pastel for example.
St. Ignatius College is an equally opportunity institution and female applicants are especially encouraged to apply. Please submit your application letter, copies of your professional and academic qualifications, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) together with your certified national identity/registration card to:
The Board of Directors
St. Ignatius College
P.O. Box 34114
Deadline for applications: November 14, 2021.