- Company: Mary Begg Health Services
- Location: Zambia
- State: Ndola
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
At MBHS, the Clinic Driver is responsible for all the transport needs of the Company as directed and approved by the direct Supervisor and in line with Company Policies. He is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the company cars; ensuring vehicle is serviced, licensed, safety checks and registration is up-to-date and clearly displayed.
The Driver will perform all duties in a professional, timely and efficient manner and is always available for emergency patient and/or staff transfers and pick-ups.
- Always follow and adhere to Zambian RTSA Rules and Regulations. Drive safely at all times, even in an emergency situation.
- Ensure that service is done as and when scheduled. Complete a vehicle maintenance inspection prior to daily vehicle usage for safe and comfortable patient/staff transport. Report required maintenance and repair of vehicle immediately.
- Clean both inside and outside the car at least twice weekly; and maintain in good working condition.
- Ensure that Road Tax, Insurance, Fitness and Carbon Tax are all up to date and renewed according to requirements set out by RTSA; and that they are displayed on the front glass windshield
- Ensure that the vehicle has the fire extinguisher, first aid kit, spare wheel, triangles and any other equipment
- Responsible for accurately and honestly completing the vehicle log book; and submit weekly and monthly reports.
- Ensure that sufficient petrol/diesel is filled in the car prior to any staff/patient transfers to ensure prompt and on-time arrival at specified location.
- Ensure all supplies to and from the clinic are delivered to the appropriate supplier; and all documents are filled and/or checked as directed by the Clinic Manager.
- Transport patients in a safe and professional manner. Assist with patient transfers, if an ambulance is not required, or as directed by your direct supervisor.
- Maintain the confidentiality of clients at all times.
- Notify your supervisor when an issue or incident arises with a client or staff member. Complete an ‘Incident and Adverse Event Form’ in the case of any incident and/or accident and submit to your direct supervisor or clinic manager within 24 hours.
- Capable of understanding directions and the ability to read and use maps accurately.
- Promote a professional image by adhering to the dress code.
- Perform any other duties or reasonable requests assigned by the Clinic Manager from time to time.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years or more of professional experience as a Driver
- Valid Driver’s license Class C1
- Defensive driving
- Strong knowledge of road safety regulations
- Must be honest
Closing Date : 1st November , 2021.