- Company: Internews
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Zambia
Internews is an international non-profit organization dedicated to giving people the news and information they need, the ability to connect, and the means to make their voices heard. Since its formation in 1982, Internews has worked in more than 100 countries worldwide. Working in Sub-Saharan Africa since 1998, Internews currently has offices and projects throughout the region with its regional office in Nairobi. Internews USAID-funded Open Spaces Zambia project seeks to support an open, inclusive environment in which media and civil society provide accurate and impartial information that promotes participation, inclusion, and accountability.
The Social Media and IT Specialist provides technical support to project partners and is responsible for supporting all IT needs of staff in the Internews office, primarily tasked with supporting and providing system users with first line IT support. This position will work under the supervision of the Program Manager.
Description of main duties and responsibilities:
Online and Social Media Platform Support (60%):
- Support partners and community radio stations to build and upgrade their online and social media platforms to engage expanded audiences, such as streaming content and online revenue generation.
- Convey knowledge of cutting-edge and innovative communications tools, and passionate about social media platforms and trends.
- Lead virtual and in-person training and mentoring sessions to improve online and social media platforms.
ICT Support (40%)
- Provide first point of IT Support for Internews staff in Zambia.
- Ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard and that the integrity of Internews network is not compromised.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Expedite the repair of hardware faults and software configuration problems in a timely manner.
- Monitor performance of Internews IT systems and network ensuring issues are appropriately escalated and resolved.
- Maintain the office multi-user computer network, as well as data and telecommunication facilities.
- Demonstrate commitment to and promotion of a culture of service excellence and continual improvement within the IT department.
- Maintain and develop excellent working relationships with all the staff, in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Ensure systems backups are taken on regular basis.
- Deploy PCs and associated peripherals including new installations and redeploy existing equipment as necessary.
- Install and configure operating systems and authorized software to an agreed standard.
- Maintain the existing ICT equipment, by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine procedures and preventive maintenance.
- Support the procurement of all IT related equipment and supplies.
- Compile and maintain an accurate inventory of hardware and software.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Higher diploma in Information Technology; Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/ Computer Science or relevant qualification from a recognized institution preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrate exposure on basic professional knowledge of networking, internet technologies, office applications, and common hardware and peripherals.
- Experience with selection and use of digital security-related software (including secure communication tools) and equipment for individuals or organizations.
- Ability to investigate issues and requirements and identify and prioritize appropriate solutions.
- Ability to multi-task and proven organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and prioritize own workload and work independently.
- Capable of working well under pressure.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Professional-level fluency in English.
- Experience with administrative systems of international NGOs preferred.
- Skilled in cooperative resolution of problems
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver, good humored, and flexible
- Zambian nationality required.
Write a short cover letter that includes your telephone number and email. 2. Include your CV 3. This position is for Zambian nationals only. Qualified and experienced Zambian female applicants are encouraged to apply.
4. Email your application to ZM-recruitment@Internews.org stating the name of the position in the subject line.
5. Applications must be received by November 13, 2021.