- Company: Plan International Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for experienced and vibrant self-starters to fill the following positions:
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT FACILITATOR (X1) – EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT – FRAMWORK OF ACTION (ECD-FOA) PROJECT, EASTERN PROGRAM AREA
The purpose of Community Development Facilitator is to collect and submit early childhood digital development communication and also to ensure the integration of sponsorship and program implementation, ensure the integration of sponsorship and program implementation; and work with Community leaders and Community Volunteers to facilitate sponsorship production process; and Provide feedback and sponsorship trainings to CVs.
- Mobilizing communities and facilitating on Plan thematic areas and interventions being promoted under the ECD FOA project.
- Facilitating project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation in the assigned area of operation.
- Facilitating effective participation of children & young people, community members and stakeholders in ECD FOA project activities.
- Facilitate community engagement meeting to create a platform for feedback and exchange of educational information using digital channels to support the sharing of educational information and the multi-media content.
- Building the capacity of young people, village agents and communities to facilitate and manage Project focus on building economic resilience.
- Coordination of project activities and networking with stakeholders and community members.
- Forward concerns and inquiries from the community to immediate supervisor in relation to development needs and provide feedback to the community.
- Prepare and submit progress reports properly and timely
- Community orientation on Safeguarding Children & Young People policy and reporting and responding guidelines
- Serve as a point person at community/village level in any partner managed events to maximize Plan’s visibility, including participation in community meetings
- Facilitating effective participation of young people, sponsored families, communities and stakeholders in project activities.
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures
- Ensures that Programme staff are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in project design, during implementation and as principles applied in day-to-day work of Programme team;
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Social Work, Sociology, Development Studies or Education
- 2 years relevant work experience in similar environment
- Experience in developing and implementing influencing and campaign strategies
- Experience in strategic public engagement and mobilization.
- Demonstrated and considerable experience of working in community work.
- A good record of achieving results and strategic impact for teams to deliver
- Demonstrated experience of the key responsibilities, including working with media and creating networks.
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of NRC, Qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply and applications should reach the undersigned not later than 15th November, 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Manager
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.